Margules: Pulling Donovan George Was Decision of my life

The_budweiser

Leon Margules, President of Warriors Boxing and co-promoter of super middleweight contender Donovan "Da Bomb" George (22-1-1, 19 KO's), says pulling George out of his fight against Librado Andrade was the hardest decision he's had to make during his career as a promoter... but it was definitely the right one.

George was scheduled to face the tough veteran Andrade (30-4, 23 KO's) in a 12-round IBF super middleweight title elimination fight Saturday night at the Froilan Lopez Baseball Field in Cozumel, Mexico, but a huge discrepancy in the size of the ring forced Margules to make a very tough call.

"The contract said (event promoter) Golden Boy will use their best efforts to get a 20'x20' ring. The ring was exactly 15' inside. I've never even heard of a ring that small. So, we talked about it as a team and decided to pull the fight. The IBF stood behind us. Donovan's father and fiancée thanked me for standing up for them. Raul Jaimes and Robert Diaz from Golden Boy were very understanding. Even Andrade's trainer said he would have done the same thing."

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/32032-margules-pulling-donovan-george-was-hardest-decision-of-my-career.html#ixzz1h5lvOs1j