Were does Ward go from here? (Spoilers)

The_budweiser

I've never seen the big deal about travelling - I guess maybe it could unsettle some guys but enough to stop a performance like that? Ward's never even looked in trouble the entire tournament. I originally picked Kessler and Abraham as possible winners because I'd never seen Dirrell and only seen Ward's first couple of pro fights. Why on Earth hasn;t he been a star attraction?

I think Ward vs Dirrell should be next both are slick fighters, could be a interesting fight. Direll is the mandatory isn't he? Kessler rematch and Bute are other options.

It's the other Dirrell (Anthony). He seemed to try and avoid the Bute fight when asked, maybe he doesn't fancy going to Canada.

Personally I reckon an easy fight maybe Adonis Stevenson (in Quebec) on a double header card with Bute...then the big fight in late summer/Fall

Well, he has to try and get Bute to settle all doubts. I don't buy that Bute's overrated. His opposition hasn't been that bad while the Super Six has been going on. He's fought Andrade, Miranda and Johnson since 2009 and nobody can say those names are average. And let's not forget that Bute wasn't invited to the Super Six. Stylistically, Bute will be difficult for Ward but then knowing the American, he will find a way to win that as well. He just has too much weaponry in his artillery.

After Bute...no idea. But this is how boxing should be. The best consistently or nearly consistently fighting the best. I would say light-heavy but I don't know if he can handle the extra lb. He has the height for it.

Well, he has to try and get Bute to settle all doubts. I don't buy that Bute's overrated. His opposition hasn't been that bad while the Super Six has been going on. He's fought Andrade, Miranda and Johnson since 2009 and nobody can say those names are average. And let's not forget that Bute wasn't invited to the Super Six. Stylistically, Bute will be difficult for Ward but then knowing the American, he will find a way to win that as well. He just has too much weaponry in his artillery.

After Bute...no idea. But this is how boxing should be. The best consistently or nearly consistently fighting the best. I would say light-heavy but I don't know if he can handle the extra lb. He has the height for it.

The two Dirrell brothers...then we'll be looking at 2013...someone like Maderna, Groves, DeGale or Periban will hopefully have emerged as a genuine contender.

He's fought Andrade, Miranda and Johnson since 2009 and nobody can say those names are average.

Johnson who has not beaten a world class fighter since Tarver in 2004, Miranda who has never beaten a world class fighter full stop,. That leaves Andrade, who has a win over Stieglitz and that's about it. It's not awful opposition when ypou consider half the division was in Super6, but it's definitely average.

The biggest fights have to be made right when there's the biggest calling for them....I'm sick of "superfights" falling through because of promoters trying to cash in to the biggest factor possible, and then finding that one of the fighters suffers an unexpected loss.

Ward vs Bute is THE fight at 168 lbs, and it should be made as soon as possible.

A 3 belt unification. Number 1 and number 2 in the division. Good clash of styles. It makes sense all round.

Which probably means it won't happen....

other boxing forums is treating this victory as being the second coming of the 'son of god' Jesus Christ himself.

that said it was a very good performance by Andre.

It was only Froch so I hope everyone doesn't get too caried away with it.

I think Ward vs Dirrell should be next both are slick fighters, could be a interesting fight. Direll is the mandatory isn't he? Kessler rematch and Bute are other options.

----- Didn't know you to be a masochist.

The two are in serious love with each other and delayed the tourney for months on end with reschedules before Dirrell pulled out finally with a hurt pinky or something life threatening.

Lessee, Ward bull rushes as Dirrell sidesteps and runs around the ring with not a single punch thrown in the fight.

Ward already dismissed Bute and only wants to go back to Cali for more hometown baloney.

That said, though I'm still not impressed with his abilities, he did what he had to do to win a hometowner and was fairly clean for him. Smoger did a great job and obviously warned both to self break before the fight...excellent.

Froch is not given enough credit on this board. His main sin was allowing Ward to bull him too much and not going after him harder when their boxing was at a standoff.

It wasn't a winning strategy but at least two judges were seeing what I saw, a close hard to judge fight, so I don't begrudge Ward his win but he is hardly the P4Per he thinks.

----- Didn't know you to be a masochist.

The two are in serious love with each other and delayed the tourney for months on end with reschedules before Dirrell pulled out finally with a hurt pinky or something life threatening.

Lessee, Ward bull rushes as Dirrell sidesteps and runs around the ring with not a single punch thrown in the fight.

Ward already dismissed Bute and only wants to go back to Cali for more hometown baloney.

That said, though I'm still not impressed with his abilities, he did what he had to do to win a hometowner and was fairly clean for him. Smoger did a great job and obviously warned both to self break before the fight...excellent.

Froch is not given enough credit on this board. His main sin was allowing Ward to bull him too much and not going after him harder when their boxing was at a standoff.

It wasn't a winning strategy but at least two judges were seeing what I saw, a close hard to judge fight, so I don't begrudge Ward his win but he is hardly the P4Per he thinks.

...And I was thinking I was the only one to see the fight like that! mlol/

Granted, by the 7th or 8th round, I knew Froch wasn't going to win, but Ward was hanging on for dear life by the end of it. Just as well they don't do 15 rounders any more! :P

I saw nothing exceptional on display on Saturday.

I saw a tricky, hard-to-hit fighter, but nothing that makes me want to see more...