Jones Demolishes Williams in Oklahoma City!

The_budweiser

Oklahoma City, OK (December 16, 2011) – Top-flight welterweight Carson Jones retained his USBA championship with a sensational fourth round stoppage of 2000 Olympic Silver Medalist Ricardo Williams Thursday evening at Oklahoma City’s Remington Park.

Backed by a large group of supporters, Jones was in complete control from the opening bell. The Oklahoma City native decked his highly touted opponent on three separate occasions, forcing referee Steve Smoger to halt the contest at 1:21 of round four. With the victory, Jones put himself in line for world title shot.

“He was a tough opponent and it felt good to be the first guy to stop him” said the 25 year-old Jones, the IBF’s third rated welterweight who improved to 33-8-2 with 23 KO’s after knocking out his seventh consecutive opponent. “God has done a lot for me and I’m thankful to be in the position I’m in.”

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/boxing-news/32001--jones-demolishes-williams-in-oklahoma-city.html#ixzz1gjTFEZV2

After watching him as an Amateur in the Goodwill Games and then making the 2000 Olympic Team, I really thought that Ricardo Williams Jr. was the real deal and had it all. Only taking the Silver in Sydney, I still thought he'd been one of the top stars when he turned Pro, but a lot of uninspired performances and his Drug Bust in 2005 soon followed and despite still being just 30 years old, last nights TKO 4 loss to fringe contender/high level Journeyman Carson Jones pretty much closes the Book on him. What a waste of talent!!!