Ward vs Froch Live This Saturday!

The_budweiser

Saturday’s blockbuster super middleweight showdown between Super Six World Boxing Classic finalists Andre Ward and Carl Froch has captivated the attention of the boxing world – especially those in the 168-pound division. Andre Dirrell, Arthur Abraham, Glen Johnson and Lucian Bute are predicting World Boxing Association super middleweight champion Ward (24-0, 13 KOs) will be the last man standing and proudly lifting the inaugural Super Six World Boxing Classic Cup in victory come Saturday, Dec. 17, from Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J., live in Canada only on Super Channel courtesy of SHOWTIME® at 9 p.m. ET.

Of the recently polled crop of 168-pounders, only Mikkel Kessler feels Froch (28-1, 20 KOs) has what it takes to hand Ward his first career loss.

Kessler and Abraham are the only boxers who have faced both Super Six finalists.

Dirrell, who served as Ward’s Olympic teammate in 2004 and suffered a tough split-decision loss to Froch early in the Super Six, feels Ward will not be influenced by Froch’s past fights and will stick to a carefully laid-out game plan.

“Ward will make his own assessments from the fights that Froch has had,” Dirrell said. “I believe that Froch has gotten better since he fought me. I believe he’s grown with each fight so it will be a different fight. You could take the game plan that I had and use it against Froch. But Andre Ward is pretty set with his own game plan.”

Dirrell plans to see if his assessments are correct in person. He and his younger brother Anthony – also an aspiring super middleweight contender – will be ringside for The Final. Also expected in attendance are Bute and Kessler.

Here’s what a host of top super middleweights had to say about Saturday night’s fight, along with their individual results facing the Super Six finalists:

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/blog/35-demo-content/31956-ward-vs-froch-live-this-saturday.html#ixzz1ghhwc17A

Clicking on the article brought up one of those Tale of the Tapes where they measure every part of the body, when I was growing up we used to get those in the boxing magazines before every major fight and despite years of looking at them and knowing there's no secret to it, a measurement that is the key to victory, I STILL find myself going down the list looking for such mlol/

The winner has to face Anthony dirrell in a mandatory defence of the WBC belt afterwards...

Jeez, that's a joke, Dirrell's been off for 20 months and has had health issues, how's he managed to hold his place in line? A big BOO to the WBC!!!

That was Andre Dirrell...it's his brother who has somehow managed to find his way into a mandatory spot, also undeserving though imo...

The winner has to face Anthony dirrell in a mandatory defence of the WBC belt afterwards...

Jeez, that's a joke, Dirrell's been off for 20 months and has had health issues, how's he managed to hold his place in line? A big BOO to the WBC!!!

That was Andre Dirrell...it's his brother who has somehow managed to find his way into a mandatory spot, also undeserving though imo...

Beat Renan St Juste in a title eliminator =/