Viloria v Segura result (SPOILERS)

iamasadlittleboy

I didn't catch the undercard of this one but just the main event. After a competitive opening round Viloria started to dominate and shook the wild Mexican almost every round landing a huge number of left hands that started to cause a grotesque swelling around Segura's right eye. By the end of the 3rd round it looked like Segura had a growth coming out of his head and it got worse as the right eye started to close.

The referee stopped Segura in round 9 after he was shaken up big time from Viloria who has just made a very late case for Fighter Of The Year after wins against Miranda and Segura in the last 6 months!

http://philboxing.com/news/pix/viloria-segura.fn.07.500w.jpg

(Pic thanks to Phil Boxing)

Re: Viloria v Segura result (SPOILERS)

The referee stopped Segura in round 9 after he was shaken up big time from Viloria who has just made a very late case for Fighter Of The Year after wins against Miranda and Segura in the last 6 months!

---- Segura was knocked back but appeared OK.

Only saw the 6-7rds and Segura was very game landing his money punches in the 6th, but Viloria was on fire by the end. Normally it might be an OK stoppage because Segura looked to be weakening because of his growth, but Viloria collapsed in the 12th round against Tamara, a fight he had in the bag, so me thinks the fight should've gone on longer since Segura has been such a great champ.

I'd like to see the rematch. Viloria proved to have more left than I thought and his fight with Solis remains one of the best fights I've ever seen. Let'em fight in Vegas as the supporting undercard of a big fight featuring Pacquiao if Arum can swing it.

Re: Viloria v Segura result (SPOILERS)

---- Segura was knocked back but appeared OK.

Only saw the 6-7rds and Segura was very game landing his money punches in the 6th, but Viloria was on fire by the end. Normally it might be an OK stoppage because Segura looked to be weakening because of his growth, but Viloria collapsed in the 12th round against Tamara, a fight he had in the bag, so me thinks the fight should've gone on longer since Segura has been such a great champ.

I'd like to see the rematch. Viloria proved to have more left than I thought and his fight with Solis remains one of the best fights I've ever seen. Let'em fight in Vegas as the supporting undercard of a big fight featuring Pacquiao if Arum can swing it.

I think the fact Segura's head was swelling like a football, his eye was messed up (broken orbital) and the damage was increasing was a big reason for a slightly premature stoppage.

I was okay with the stoppage, it wasn't Segura's night and Viloria (to me at least) didn't show any signs of slowing down. He faded against Tamara like LRR says, but I think he was in a lot better shape for this one, I always thought he took Tamara for granted and wasn't 100% that night.