Results from Washington (SPOILERS)

iamasadlittleboy

True, but a lot of fighters say things in post fight interviews, and then quickly back-peddle when the heat has died down.

I don't know if Peterson will take the immediate rematch to be honest...I suspect him to cash in on a relatively straightforward defence first.

He has to face Maidana pretty soon either way as well...

Brawler-

Maidana is currently penciled in as defending HIS WBA title against Devon Alexander in St.Louis on HBO Feb 25th, which if true gives Peterson all kinds of time to consider his other options.

People are making a lot of noise all over the net about the point deductions, without thinking it through properly. Pushing, pulling, butting, holding, rabbit punching etc etc etc, it makes no difference. If you continually treat the ref with contempt by carrying on with the same foul he keeps warning you about, in the end he is gonna show you who is the guvenor in that ring, and it aint you.

People are making a lot of noise all over the net about the point deductions, without thinking it through properly. Pushing, pulling, butting, holding, rabbit punching etc etc etc, it makes no difference. If you continually treat the ref with contempt by carrying on with the same foul he keeps warning you about, in the end he is gonna show you who is the guvenor in that ring, and it aint you.

I'm not so sure, McBride. I recall George Foreman pushing people his entire career and never getting warned for it once that I can recall. Also, would Muhammad Ali have ever won any fights if he'd had points deducted for grabbing guys behind the head? I realize those two were HUGE names, and that's undoubtedly why they got by with it, but to be honest I don't recall a whole lot of warnings for pushing, a lot of Refs usually just consider that part of the game, trying to create openings.

I'm not so sure, McBride. I recall George Foreman pushing people his entire career and never getting warned for it once that I can recall. Also, would Muhammad Ali have ever won any fights if he'd had points deducted for grabbing guys behind the head? I realize those two were HUGE names, and that's undoubtedly why they got by with it, but to be honest I don't recall a whole lot of warnings for pushing, a lot of Refs usually just consider that part of the game, trying to create openings.

With respect Dave you are falling for the same chestnut as others and mentioning the seriousness of the foul, or not, whichever the case may be.

My point is the fact that Cooper warned Amir dozens of times and Amir just ignored him, even to the point of continuing with the SAME foul he'd already been deducted for.

That is tantamount to saying screw the ref I'll do as I like. Fighters get DQ'd for doing exactly that, the foul they keep repeating is irrelevant, it is ignoring the ref that warrants the punishment.

The most famous example was the Tyson / Holy fight, first bite Mills Lane says anymore of that and your out Mike. What does Tyson do, takes another bite and promtly gets DQ'd.

No one is comparing biting with pushing, but both guys showed no respect for the ref, so RIGHTLY got punished. No fighter is bigger than the rules, nor the man that is there to enforce them on the night.

With respect Dave you are falling for the same chestnut as others and mentioning the seriousness of the foul, or not, whichever the case may be.

My point is the fact that Cooper warned Amir dozens of times and Amir just ignored him, even to the point of continuing with the SAME foul he'd already been deducted for.

That is tantamount to saying screw the ref I'll do as I like. Fighters get DQ'd for doing exactly that, the foul they keep repeating is irrelevant, it is ignoring the ref that warrants the punishment.

The most famous example was the Tyson / Holy fight, first bite Mills Lane says anymore of that and your out Mike. What does Tyson do, takes another bite and promtly gets DQ'd.

No one is comparing biting with pushing, but both guys showed no respect for the ref, so RIGHTLY got punished. No fighter is bigger than the rules, nor the man that is there to enforce them on the night.

This will be one time until the next ten years that we agree.

That may or not be the case, but what concerns me more is boxing being taken down the road of that scumbags game called football by UK fans.

That is a game where the numbskulls that play it, the publicity seeking ego fuckwits that are supposed to be in charge of them and the vast majority of the fools who sit watching it think the referee is there only to be insulted, abused threatened, spat at and other bone headed actions.

If that ever becomes the case in Boxing, they can relegate it to the sewer along side the money grabbing football.