Douglin to face Martinez January 6 on Friday Night Fights!

The_budweiser

Morganville, NJ (December 9, 2011) – Denis “Da Momma’s Boy” Douglin will make his national TV debut when he battles undefeated knockout artist Steven Martinez on ESPN2’s “Friday Night Fights” January 6 at Mallory Square in Key West, FL.

Both Douglin, 13-1 (8 KO’s), and Martinez, 11-0 (9 KO’s), won the 2008 National Golden Gloves Tournament in their respective weight classes, en route to becoming notable pro prospects. Although Douglin lives in Morganville, NJ and Martinez resides in nearby Bronx, NY, the two only trained together on a very limited basis.

“We sparred once earlier this year and that was it,” stated Douglin, who outpointed slick veteran Phillip McCants in July. “We fought in the same tournaments but he competed in a lower weight class. He faced my cousin (Delen Parsley) twice in the amateurs and I’ve seen a number of his pro fights. He’s a good fighter with solid skills.”

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/blog/35-demo-content/31933-douglin-to-face-martinez-january-6-on-friday-night-fights.html#ixzz1g876fdYQ

Re: Douglin to face Martinez January 6 on Friday Night Fight

Morganville, NJ (December 9, 2011) – Denis “Da Momma’s Boy” Douglin will make his national TV debut when he battles undefeated knockout artist Steven Martinez on ESPN2’s “Friday Night Fights” January 6 at Mallory Square in Key West, FL.

Both Douglin, 13-1 (8 KO’s), and Martinez, 11-0 (9 KO’s), won the 2008 National Golden Gloves Tournament in their respective weight classes, en route to becoming notable pro prospects. Although Douglin lives in Morganville, NJ and Martinez resides in nearby Bronx, NY, the two only trained together on a very limited basis.

“We sparred once earlier this year and that was it,” stated Douglin, who outpointed slick veteran Phillip McCants in July. “We fought in the same tournaments but he competed in a lower weight class. He faced my cousin (Delen Parsley) twice in the amateurs and I’ve seen a number of his pro fights. He’s a good fighter with solid skills.”

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/blog/35-demo-content/31933-douglin-to-face-martinez-january-6-on-friday-night-fights.html#ixzz1g876fdYQ

These are the matchups I really like, two young kids starting out of the way up and the management of both not afraid to have either their 13-1 or 11-0 prospect suffer a loss.