ArturBeterbiev vs Dmitrii Bivol Coming This Year, So Who You Got?

--- It's almost a guarantee, esp since Bivol fought in Saudi Arabia on a big card and dominated.

Beter will be 39 which is stretching a career to it's max something that Manny did. Not sure where I would swing on this fight other than a healthy training camp would make Beter the big fav, but is that justified?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think I'm going with Bivol on this one.

His resume has plenty of impressive scalps, not just Canelo.  But more importantly, he doesn't just beat his opponents, he completely dominates them, even the big punchers.  Bivol is staggering hard to land a flush punch on.  If you "only" lose to him 118-110,  you did better than most.

Beter still has it,  and he's also tough as nails,  but of course age is a factor.

Bivol by UD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's a true 50/50 fight. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight goes the distance. Favor Bivol if he doesn't get dropped. 

Rooting for Artur, because i have signed gloves by both. But the Bivol was is smudged. haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Riyadh (where else) arranged by the supreme matchmaker of world boxing, Turki Alalshikh!

Artur Beterbiev-Dmitry Bivol fight set for June 1 in Saudi Arabia

By Mike Coppinger, ESPN

The long-awaited Artur Beterbiev-Dmitry Bivol undisputed light heavyweight championship fight is set for June 1 in Saudi Arabia, the Kingdom's Chairman of General Entertainment Authority, Turki Alalshikh, announced Saturday.

Alalshikh said the previously announced series of five fights between Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing stable and Frank Warren's Queensberry Promotions will take place on the undercard.

Beterbiev, 39, and Bivol, 33, both hail from Russia, though Beterbiev now lives in Quebec. That's where he returned last month with a seventh-round TKO victory over former super middleweight champion Callum Smith, a win that kept him on a collision course with Bivol.

Bivol, though, owns the most impressive win between the pair with his May 2022 decision victory over Canelo Alvarez. It was a dominant performance that displayed Bivol's elite jab, footwork and ring IQ.

Beterbiev also possesses an excellent jab and is arguably boxing's most dangerous picker.

The matchup is among the most anticipated in the history of the light heavyweight division and presents a fascinating clash of styles: Bivol is a classical boxer; Beterbiev is a boxer-puncher.

Bivol's last fight came in December in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where he scored a shutout decision over Lyndon Arthur.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 5:20 PM, Ledhed1 said:

In Riyadh (where else) arranged by the supreme matchmaker of world boxing, Turki Alalshikh!

Alalshikh said the previously announced series of five fights between Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing stable and Frank Warren's Queensberry Promotions will take place on the undercard.

I like the sound of THAT.

Have they announced the full card yet?   (I'm too busy / lazy to check right now.)

• Thanks 1

The idea for the Matchroom-Queensberry series first surfaced last month. Now that we have a date, we should hear more in the coming weeks. The outcome of one or more fights this month may also factor in. Hearn stated recently his side would have the first choice of two weight classes, as would Warren, with the fifth chosen by "His Excellency." Hey if you're putting up all the money, it doesn't matter that you know fuck all about boxing!

• Like 2