Froch confident

Faulks

Carl Froch is so confident that he can knock Andre Dirrell on Saturday that he has not even studied the 26-year-old American’s fighting style.

The super middleweight world champion, nicknamed The Cobra, is unbeaten in 25 bouts and has set his sights on becoming as big as Joe Calzague – though he does not think much to his efforts on Strictly Come Dancing.

The 32-year-old Froch said of Olympic broze medallist Dirrell, who he takes on in the Super Six World Boxing Classic tournament: “He seems alright – he has got fast hands and a big mouth, he is an Olympic medallist and he talks a lot of crap. But he is going to get smashed by me on Saturday night.

“I’m going to knock him out – it’s as simple as that. I don’t know where his flaws are because I have not watched him – I’ll work that out on the night. I’ve only seen him in one round and he looked as though he had fast hands.

“All I have to do is do what I do and concentrate on what I can do. Training has gone very well and I am in good shape, so I’m looking forward to it.

“Like my name suggests I’m venomous in attack and I don’t want to change the way I fight at this stage of the game.”

Froch, who turned professional at the age of 25, added: “It is not too late, is it, for world domination? I’m undisputed world champion at super middleweight. I am all on target and feeling as fit as I ever have been. I’m not 37, I’m 32!

“My five-year plan is to win this tournament – five fights – which will take two years, and then we will see. It might be World War III by then.”

****I cut the interview short guys as he started going on about what hes gonna do outside the ring but im only intrested in what he does IN the ring***

How do you guys see it going?