David Benavidez vs Demetrias Andrade

LondonRingRules

--- David El Bandera Rojo Benavídez, 27-0, 23 KO, defends his WBC interim belt against the two-division champion Demetrius “Boo Boo” Andrade, 32-0, 19 KO @ Michelob ULTRA Arena in Las Vegas.

Dunno about this, ie Puncher vs Stinker other than Benavidez handled Caleb Plant fairly easily. I'd imagine if it comes down to scoring, the 26 yr old Bena has more upside promotionally with a potential mega bout vs Canelo than does the 35 yr old BooBoo, quite aptly named.

Where are KO boxing experts on this fight that might surprise with more action than expected if the Androgenous One makes it a fight if Bena is too tight at the weight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• LondonRingRules changed the title to David Benavidez vs Demetrias Andrade

Until now, Andrade was one in a long line of fighters who avoided taking risks like the plague. Hearn never got him the big fight - or Andrade didn't want it - but it's now or never at age 35. Essentially cashing himself out.

Andrade's fought once in the last two years. Not a recipe for success. Mind, Benavidez has fought twice in the last two years - he is, after all, a PBC fighter - but that's better than once and this is a prime Benavidez.

It won't be pretty. Either Andrade runs for 36 minutes, or Benavidez destroys him. Canelo-Benavidez on Cinco de Mayo, por favor.

• Like 1

I was puzzled why Andrade spent so much energy, for so many rounds,  just throwing massive combos into Bena's gloves.

And why Bena barely  countered, for maybe 4 rounds.

After the stoppage it hit me:  Everybody knew Andrade had zero chance,  so they told him to make it look good for the casuals, and in return Bena would go easy on him for a while.

Also why the corner stopped it,  before any serious damage was done.

Just another setup.......

------------------------

I didn't bother watching the Charlo fiasco.  I decided that doing my laundry would be more exciting.  

(And with more chance of a surprise outcome:  Why is it that SOME colors don't bleed into your undershirts,  while other do? )

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2023 at 6:10 PM, Cableaddict said:

I was puzzled why Andrade spent so much energy, for so many rounds,  just throwing massive combos into Bena's gloves.

And why Bena barely  countered, for maybe 4 rounds.

After the stoppage it hit me:  Everybody knew Andrade had zero chance,  so they told him to make it look good for the casuals, and in return Bena would go easy on him for a while.

Also why the corner stopped it,  before any serious damage was done.

Just another setup.......

------------------------

I didn't bother watching the Charlo fiasco.  I decided that doing my laundry would be more exciting.  

(And with more chance of a surprise outcome:  Why is it that SOME colors don't bleed into your undershirts,  while other do? )

- - Reds are the most notorious bleeders, quite aptly, eh?

You picky about your shirts, eh?

Basically, wash darks and light colors seperately and BINGO, problem mostly solved. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...