Is Tyson Fury making a mockery of his Legacy?

mofo2

The man has built his reputation talking a big game, but its apparent that after successive lost fights with AJ and Usyk that its all just about the money now, ive never personally been a fan but you have to respect what he has achieved, but making a fight with Ruiz; come on pleaseee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's 34, so a few years left of his prime. Think it was a bad decision fighting Dereck Chisora a third time. Looks like he's in training and fighting in the summer. Be interesting to see who he fights and whether he then takes part in the rumoured Saudi tournament.

Think Andy Ruiz has a few issues, so might not be available. Though Andy is a very respectable opponent but his feet are so slow, that he won't get near Fury.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WelshDevilRob said:

He's 34, so a few years left of his prime. Think it was a bad decision fighting Dereck Chisora a third time. Looks like he's in training and fighting in the summer. Be interesting to see who he fights and whether he then takes part in the rumoured Saudi tournament.

Think Andy Ruiz has a few issues, so might not be available. Though Andy is a very respectable opponent but his feet are so slow, that he won't get near Fury.

I dont get it Rob, first Whyte and then when the AJ fight fell through for December he took Chisora thats fair enough, but said he would be fighting April at the latest for his next fight, before messing around in the Usyk fight ngotiations; taking Ruiz is absolutely shocking for me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mofo2 said:

I dont get it Rob, first Whyte and then when the AJ fight fell through for December he took Chisora thats fair enough, but said he would be fighting April at the latest for his next fight, before messing around in the Usyk fight ngotiations; taking Ruiz is absolutely shocking for me.

I don't mind any of the summer proposed fights, if these guys are all up for the December money. Doubt December happens. Money is there and more but you gotta get UK/USA TV companies to agree.

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2023 at 7:48 PM, robprosser said:

Ruiz is an awful match. He's about 8 inches shorter with stubby arms. It'll be a jab and clutch fest.

I think he is pretty game, but the issue I have is the gap in levels only ends up with therr being one result, its cherry picking Floyd style!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, WelshDevilRob said:

I don't mind any of the summer proposed fights, if these guys are all up for the December money. Doubt December happens. Money is there and more but you gotta get UK/USA TV companies to agree.

There are so many let downs its unreal,there only seems to be the will within the womens game to make big fights for the most part, the ducking or sidestepping is really annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fury is an unstable clown who will never be taken seriously in boxing purist circles, certainly not in the US.

2 words - Jared Anderson.

Usyk is no heavyweight and has been in the right place at the right time for a perfect storm but is ready to bow out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2023 at 2:49 PM, mofo2 said:

The man has built his reputation talking a big game, but its apparent that after successive lost fights with AJ and Usyk that its all just about the money now, ive never personally been a fan but you have to respect what he has achieved, but making a fight with Ruiz; come on pleaseee

- - Andy fully capable of beating Fury who's Blubber is aging poorly as is his mental decay as his inner SissyBoy takes over the helm...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LondonRingRules said:

- - Andy fully capable of beating Fury who's Blubber is aging poorly as is his mental decay as his inner SissyBoy takes over the helm...

Ruiz hasnt got a prayer of winning the fight, its not even a consideration, he will be wide open and far too easy to hit, its a very poor match up

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

I won't be watching this farce, but I'll say the same thing about Ngannou's chances vs Fury as I have about any boxer's. Fury's had surgery on both arms. He's talked openly about injuries to his elbows and shoulders. If Ngannou's team is on the ball, he'll pound Fury's arms relentlessly from the opening bell. Between the elbows and shoulders. Until Fury can't lift his arms. Rendering him powerless. He'd be a sitting duck. Any other plan is doomed to failure.

Usyk may not have enough pop to make even that strategy work. Perhaps he can beat Fury the way Haye defeated Valuev. Dart around like a gnat so Fury can't touch him. But Fury's not Valuev.

Fury's biggest enemy is himself. If he enters either this fight or Usyk not ready - bloated and/or ill-prepared - he can be beaten. He never failed to be ready for Wilder because of what the first fight taught him. He pretty much dismisses anybody else. Slide far enough down the scale of taking any opponent seriously, and that individual can shock the world.

• Like 1

Well, the fight turned out to be very well crafted,  and everyone seems to be "eating humble pie" about their thoughts beforehand,  but most fans are complete idiots.

Call me a skeptic, but I think the whole fight was a sham:

Ngannou didn't lok nearly as good as most people are saying. If you watch without the ridiculous commentary, you see that he barely landed anything meaning ful for the entire fight.
Sure, Fury went down in the second, and MAYBE it was a lefit hook, but it didn't look very hard to me. I think that was planned.
Solid hooks like that usually put a guy down for the count, but Fury got up immediately and had full balance.

The for the rest of the fight we saw Fury continually "just missing" with his jab, and also landing flush shots that wowed everyone with how well Ngannou was taking them. Fury was obviously not throwing at 100% on purpose. This was pretty obvious if you compare those punches to what he threw in Wilder II and III.

"They don't know it's a show, they think it's a damned FIGHT. Finish this bum and let's go home."  
- Only the plan was to NOT finish him, so team Ngannou can use this loss to boost his career.

And then of course the pre-planned decision.   Everybody wins!  Yayyyyy !

• Thanks 1

Judges: Ed Garner 94-95   Alan Krebs 95-94   Juan Carlos Pelayo 96-93

F901DeWw.png

Watching it as a spectacle, from a neutral's POV, I thought Ngannou edged it. And I'm not gonna watch it back to score it in the strictest fashion with a pencil and notebook, it was an horrendous maul.

Edited by selij
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cableaddict said:

Well, the fight turned out to be very well crafted,  and everyone seems to be "eating humble pie" about their thoughts beforehand,  but most fans are complete idiots.

Call me a skeptic, but I think the whole fight was a sham:

Ngannou didn't lok nearly as good as most people are saying. If you watch without the ridiculous commentary, you see that he barely landed anything meaning ful for the entire fight.
Sure, Fury went down in the second, and MAYBE it was a lefit hook, but it didn't look very hard to me. I think that was planned.
Solid hooks like that usually put a guy down for the count, but Fury got up immediately and had full balance.

The for the rest of the fight we saw Fury continually "just missing" with his jab, and also landing flush shots that wowed everyone with how well Ngannou was taking them. Fury was obviously not throwing at 100% on purpose. This was pretty obvious if you compare those punches to what he threw in Wilder II and III.

"They don't know it's a show, they think it's a damned FIGHT. Finish this bum and let's go home."  
- Only the plan was to NOT finish him, so team Ngannou can use this loss to boost his career.

And then of course the pre-planned decision.   Everybody wins!  Yayyyyy !

--- Closet 10 count for Flubber the first Deyonce fight where the ref gave him extra recuperation time. 

Had not Fury just landed two shots on Francis just as he threw his wide left hook to KD Fury, he might well have KOed Fury who clearly lucked out with that sequence of events.

Preplanned decision for preplanned lucrative n trilogy.

Losing your touch there Cable. You OK?

• Thanks 1

It wasn't a scam. Fury was pretty busted up at the end, the knockdown was legit and he was pretty badly hurt in the 8th as well. He clearly didn't prepare mentally or physically for any sort of real fight, as could be seen from his flabby back and torso and huge arse. His jab and clutch strategy was pretty flawed as well. The one area MMA guys will excel is up close. He also didn't have the power to trouble Ngannou. All of this is combined with the fact that he's hugely overrated anyway. He was beaten by McDermott, the Wlad fight could have gone either way (I thought Klit won) and he was literally one second away from being counted out against Wilder. His luck will run out shortly. 

Edited by robprosser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 10/31/2023 at 9:55 AM, robprosser said:

It wasn't a scam. Fury was pretty busted up at the end, the knockdown was legit and he was pretty badly hurt in the 8th as well. He clearly didn't prepare mentally or physically for any sort of real fight, as could be seen from his flabby back and torso and huge arse. His jab and clutch strategy was pretty flawed as well. The one area MMA guys will excel is up close. He also didn't have the power to trouble Ngannou. All of this is combined with the fact that he's hugely overrated anyway. He was beaten by McDermott, the Wlad fight could have gone either way (I thought Klit won) and he was literally one second away from being counted out against Wilder. His luck will run out shortly. 

Totally agree, Rob.

Almost looked like a bit of panic in Fury's eyes, when he realised how strong Ngannou was in the clinch. Francis wasn't party to any script, he was there to win. It did surprise me that he went the distance, as his stamina has been an issue in MMA. Though Fury's lack of conditioning meant he couldn't push the fight. Warren/Fury have stated since that Luke had a full camp - though I certainly think he underestimated Ngannou.

The funniest thing was the Fury talk of being the Greatest. He was unravelling in front of some of the Greatest of all-time. Am sure, I spotted Larry Holmes laughing at one point.

Edited by WelshDevilRob
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...