Two Great fights last night on DAZN *Spoilers*

WelshDevilRob

Two great fights occurred last night (18-02-2023) live on DAZN.

Nottingham, England, had the WBA Featherweight clash between Leigh Wood and Mauricio Lara.

Fox Theater Pomona, Pomona, USA, saw a War between Luis Nery vs Azat Hovhannisyan at super bantamweight.

I won't post the results in case you haven't seen them. Am sure they will be in the download section, or subscribe to DAZN and see them. Get them seen, you won't be disappointed.

Edited by WelshDevilRob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Rob.

Wood - Lara was indeed great.   (Very happy that XXXX pulled it out in  the end.)

Nery -  Hov was high action, but I thought the level of defense was pretty low from both men.  Tons of skilled & varied offense,  and plenty of back & forth,  but mostly a rock 'em sock ;em fight.  Not my personal favorite type of bout to watch.  Still,  entertaining as heck.

• Thanks 1

Wood was cruising along but laying in wait seemed to be Lara's plan and all it took was one shot. Seemed overprotective for his trainer to wave it off but evidently post fight with some time for reflection Wood stood by his trainer's discretion.

Nery-Hovhannisyan was fantastic. FOTY so far. Both fight on a high wire without a net. Nery has the skills to box more conservatively but the instinct to fight fire with fire. And the firepower to meet most anything thrown at him. Crazy A will be a handful for anyone at 122 or 126. Nery's a bit of a diva. Rests on his talent and flies by the seat of his pants in the ring. He could be even better than he's shown if tightens his dedication to preparation. He's also stuck in the purgatory of weight classes that don't get the attention they deserve. But at his best it'll be a tall order to beat him.

• Thanks 1