Heavyweight Primacy~ Efe Agjaba vs Big Shot Shaw in Verona, NY

LondonRingRules

A fawning of Ajagba?

My only response to that is:  " WHAT THE EFE ?   !  "   😗

Ajagba has lousy technique and he throws punches like a schoolgirl.

And his offensive arsenal consists of about two basic moves.

And his defense sucks.

The most you can say is that he has really fast hands and is always in great condition.

I don't believe I've ever been a fan.  

• Thanks 1

*****SPOILERS*****

/

/

/

//

/

//

/

/

//

/

/

/

/

/

/

--- Efe and Shaw booed heavily in Arum's stinker promotion, but Efe wins the decision.

Appears just about every fight on this card was heavily booed, but then again, it's in New Yawk!!!

Jonnie Rice the everyman's journeyman busted the eye of the big Italian heavy as well as his cherry for Rice's growing cherry collection. Will Rice get a heavywt title shot?

Boxing News: Rice stops Vianello on a cut » January 15, 2023 (fightnews.com)

• Thanks 1

It was comical watching the "influencers" attempt to corrupt the outcome of Rice vs Vianello. The referee had made his ruling that a punch caused Vianello's cut and there's no replay review in New York. Somehow they cajoled officials to look at a replay; after all Vianello wasn't supposed to lose. Nice try; any result other than a Rice TKO would have been outrageous.

Shaw talked a good game about missing out on opportunities he deserved throughout his career. This was his moment; he came up small. Not that Ajagba was much better; only just. He failed to distinguish himself from a guy who brought little to the table. Two guys with fairly low ceilings. Ajagba's only slightly higher. Two fights into their deal, TopRank can't be too optimistic about Ajagba.

• Like 2

When announced the underdogs were underdogs, but come fight time they were slight favourites, according to the US commentators. Bit of a reshuffle but two good match-ups, for the stages of their careers.

The four Heavyweights were made to think and box. Efe and Stephan wasn't a spectacle, but I enjoyed watching it unfold, though, left frustrated by Shaw in the later rounds.
I'm glad the 'punch-caused cut' call was made, in the Rice vs Vianello fight. Though Rice was behind and I doubt his lack of preparation would've helped him in later rounds.

All four showed limitations but be interesting to see how they kick on from here. I didn't see anything to trouble Daniel Dubois, in the future. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1