Ricky Hatton invites former trainer Billy Graham to help coach his fighters

The_budweiser

Ricky Hatton has invited former trainer Billy Graham to work with him again after ending their bitter feud.

Graham split with Hatton when the Hitman axed him in 2008, in favour of Floyd Mayweather Senior.

The pair made up at Hatton's 10th anniversary party of his win over Kostya Tszyu earlier this month and the former two-weight world champ has asked Graham to help train his fighters.

"The biggest thrill from my party was Billy Graham being there," he said. "Everyone knows we had that fall-out years ago, but I've got my mate back now.

"He said he fell out of love for boxing because of our fall-out, but now he's ready to fall back into love with the sport."

Hatton wants to tap into Graham's vast experience and said: "I've got prospects coming through and they would love to pick his brain.

"I said I'd pick him up, bring him to the gym, he can see my boys, my prospects and my champions and then we'll go for a pint. He said he'd love to.

"He's revitalised. Any input he would like to give me and my fighters is more than welcome. Any advice I teach the lads is what Billy taught me.

"He would be a great asset, even if he just came once a month or a once a fortnight - although he would be welcome every day.

"It would be brilliant if he came down. I'm always learning and I'm a rookie coach. He can come and teach me."

Source: Mirror

Re: Ricky Hatton invites former trainer Billy Graham to help coach his fighters

I think Ricky Hatton's best boxing was under Billy Graham - he should have never of left him in my opinion.

I think this is a good move by Hatton, but is Graham there just to offer advice or help with training?

He was getting injections in his hands to help Hatton train, I'm not sure if he would want to go through that again after all these years away from being a trainer.

Billy Graham did have problems with his hands taking injections etc but he deserved better treatment.

One loss and he was out against a fighter like Mayweather very harsh.

He produced his best performances under Graham and the trainer fighter relationship is one often of trust more than anything else.

Hatton often quoted as rightly pointing out FM snr inability to do southpaw pads and poor timekeeping....sometimes the grass isn't greener.

Billy Graham did have problems with his hands taking injections etc but he deserved better treatment.

One loss and he was out against a fighter like Mayweather very harsh.

He produced his best performances under Graham and the trainer fighter relationship is one often of trust more than anything else.

Hatton often quoted as rightly pointing out FM snr inability to do southpaw pads and poor timekeeping....sometimes the grass isn't greener.

--- Agree completely.

Hatton just trying to jazz up his dying brand with this nonsense. Hope Graham takes all this with a grain of salt as he's much older now and needs to move into more an Eddie Futch type of late career role.