Gonzalez vs Gonzalez.

Cableaddict

Well, the smart money was on Gonzalez. Even I couldn't call this one wrong! :haha:

Good fight, huge credit to Israel, but the chocolate one definitely owned the fight.

Still, it seems to me that Roman's hand speed is FAR from what it used to be. Am I imagining this?

Edited by Cableaddict
  • Like 1

--- He was never fast, didn't need to be as a swarmer... Surprised you ain't blowing up on the Timekeepergate fiasco near the end of Quadros first KD when he beat the count to counter the raging Estrada saved by the bell 24 sec early. Definitely altered the fight at that pt. I'm POed because after a series of steady improvements, my DAZN crappped out midway thru the Gonzfest to cut to early estrada/Q rounds that were interesting but then crappped around 7-8 and that was kaput for DAZN. By that time the media all had the result. I'm trying to be patient with DAZN because their streaming service with top fights I've been advocating for 10 years now, but they won't ever succede at this rate.
  • Like 1

Still, it seems to me that Roman's hand speed is FAR from what it used to be. Am I imagining this?

Spot on. Hes over the hill. Was soft bodied and quite lethargic at times. Gallo beats him easily in the II if it comes off next year. The first matchup was 8 years ago.

Would gladly watch Gallo- Cuadras III tho.

Ammo steadily coming thru.

Re: Dazn. Mine was spot on for 5hrs+ at max setting 1080p. Buffered 2x for around 3 seconds each time during JC Martinez-Calleros bout. I can live with that. You can see the fights in Downloads. I had to reduce the quality to make the filesize manageable.

Mebbes look at your ISP/internet conn rather than Dazn service Bobby (?) Just sayin....

This one I had a TKO for Chocolatito and Estrada fight I had a decision-turned out the opposite way.:noidea:

Yeah, me too. I also thought that if it went to the cards, Israel would probably edge it.

Huge props to Chocolatito for digging deep and using his smarts to get a convincing win, against a much younger, faster, and longer-reached opponent.

- But I hope he retires within a year or so, so as not to tarnish his excellent legacy.

Edited by Cableaddict
  • Like 1

--- Selj, the things I lost in the recent upgrade are New Thread, Quote, and Edit on my iPhone. Use my 4 yr old Dell laptop for my writing and email and DAZN. ISP is google, none better and I'm only 4' from my wireless router that reboots itself when needed. DAZN has never been right but for a few times. It is better than the beginning, but for whatever the reason, DAZN still has big kinks.

I think Chocolatito is more vulnerable to getting hit since the second Srisaket fight. Perhaps it's a function of a diminished capacity to "swarm" punch. Thus it's easier for his opponents to counter-attack. At this point of his career I don't think he lasts much longer in these firefights. I'd like Estrada to take him out if that rematch comes off.

Yes these fights at 115 are great but it's largely a pass-through division and doesn't have the historical significance of 112 and 118. Perhaps one or more of these superflies will move up to 118 which is a stacked division as it is! Cuadras and Srisaket have the size. Estrada and Chocolatito not so much; they were below flyweight when the started. Israel has the size but losses to Chocolatito and Yafai don't qualify as bonafides to be considered a player. Gotta win one of these!