Some freebies from Japan

iamasadlittleboy

For whatever reason YouTube and Boxing seem to be going together well in Japan at the moment and over the next few months we've had 5 events announced for free, live, legal YouTube streams. They aren't monster cards but they all have something to get excited about. For fans wanting to watch the relevant channels are linked to:

September 26th

Kobe Central Gym, Japan (Boxing Real)

Mika Iwakawa (9-5-1, 3) Vs Nanae Suzuki (10-3-1, 1) - WBO Atomweight title bout

Shun Kubo (13-2, 9) Vs Takashi Igarashi (13-4, 5) - Kubo is a former world champion

Kohei Oba (36-3-1, 14) Vs Yoshiki Minato (8-3, 3)

September 27th

Fujisan Messe, Japan (Suruga Boys)

Tsubasa Murachi (4-1, 3) Vs Ryotaro Kawabata (12-3-2, 6)

Rentaro Kimura (1-0, 1) Vs Takafumi Iwaya (4-3) - Kimura is one of the most highly regarded prospects in Japan

Koichi Aso (23-9-1, 15) Vs Shogo Yamaguchi (12-5-3, 7) - Aso's fight tend to be a lot of fun!

October 13th

Korakuen Hall, Japan (A Sign)

Reiya Abe (19-3-1, 9) Vs Ren Sasaki (10-0, 6) - Brilliant match up! Absolutely fantastic

Kai Chiba (12-1, 8) Vs Haruki Ishikawa (8-2, 6) - Both guys are fun, heavy handed and have questionable chins

Kai Ishizawa (6-1, 6) Vs Masashi Tada (13-7-3, 8) - Ishizawa is an all action buzz saw

November 3rd

INTEX, Osaka, Japan (Hiroto Kyoguchi YouTube Channel)

Hiroto Kyoguchi (14-0, 9) Vs Thanongsak Simsri (14-0, 12) - WBA Light Flywweight Super title bout

November 23rd

Bunka Center, Sanda, Japan (TV Osaka)

Riku Kano (16-4-1, 8) Vs Ryoki Hirai (13-6-1, 4) - WBO Asia Pacific Light Flyweight title bout

Sho Ishida (28-2, 15) Vs Toshiya Ishii (3-0, 2) - Ishii taking a huge step up against a former world title challenger

Katsunari Takayama (31-8-0-1, 12) Vs Reiya Konishi (17-1, 7) - Katsunari Takayama. Nuff said.

I can't make any of you watch, but if you are wanting to avoid some of the PPV BS and want to just enjoy boxing, you could do a lot worse than tuning in to some of these BOXING REAL and A-Sign have a track record of great streams, Suruga Boys are a small local Shizuoka based promoter who deserve attention, Hiroto Kyoguchi is streaming his own bout! And TV Osaka are...well a TV company so should know how to deal with this!

• Like 3

A Sign will do VOD, though it might take a week before they end up VOD'd, BOXING REAL have had all theres VOD'd (within a day or two)

TV Osaka have put their last few up

Suruga Boys and Kyoguchi I have no idea about at all, but I'd guess Suruga will as they have next to no income for this show and would likely love the longer term pennies from advertising

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
If you have a chance here's the Suruga Boys show in full

My man Rentaro Kimura fights at about 2:05:00

Thanks! The third bout on that card is my favorite. I can't remember the name of the fighters off the top of my head, but they went at it. They pretty much pounded on each other all eight rounds. Don't agree with the decision, but I can see how they might have reached it.

• Like 1

Third fight was Koichi Aso Vs Shogo Yamaguchi

Was a majority decision (won't say which way for those wanting to watch), but scores were 77-75 twice and 76-76

​​​

Thank you for the info. Yeah, I tried to keep it as vague as possible in case people want to watch it. (And I hope they do. Japanese boxing's pretty great) It was a very close contest. I scored it a draw, but, like I said, I could see how the judges might look at it differently and be looking for different things. I would not have wanted to be in their shoes.

• Like 1