Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vasiliy Lomachenko next fight announced - Happy with his opponent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vasiliy Lomachenko next fight announced - Happy with his opponent?

WBA and WBO lightweight champion Vasiliy Lomachenko 14-1 (10) will finally clash with IBF counterpart Teofimo ‘El Brooklyn’ Lopez 15-0 (12) at ‘The Bubble’ at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada on October 17.

https://www.ringnews24.com/2020/09/0...or-october-17/

It's a matchup between the top two fighters in the division. Who wouldn't be happy? That said it might be coming a bit soon for Lopez.

Comment

Because Loma doesn't run from nobody. He's all serious, all business!

Comment

Never been a Loma fan, and everytime I watch him fight I'm rooting for the opponent. Cant wait to see him lose (again).

The Brooklyn Nets are my NBA team, Teofimo hails from Bklyn hence the nickname. Cum on Teo

Comment

[QUOTE=selij;n975485]Never been a Loma fan, and everytime I watch him fight I'm rooting for the opponent. Cant wait to see him lose (again). /QUOTE]

Really? Why'zat?

Loma is supremely talented, reasonably humble, and seems like a nice guy. He's fought everyone that wanted to face him, and he's never won via a bogus decision.
          I can't see any reason not to like him. Maybe root against him just to break up the monopoly he has on the division, I guess.

I think Lopez has what it takes to give Loma a tough time, at least for a few rounds. I think he hits harder, and he definitely has faster hands. He also has excellent head movement.

My guess is that Loma will be afraid of his power, and expecially of his body attack, and will stay on the outside, where his superior footwork will give him the edge.
          UD Lomachenko.

- But I'll also be rooting for Lopez.

Comment

Boxing are contrary beings. Loma is respectful of other fighters whereas Lopez stands over fallen opponents taunting and mocking them. Which of these do board members root for? That's right - the one who behaves like a thuggish brat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cableaddict View Post
              Originally posted by selij View Post
              Never been a Loma fan, and everytime I watch him fight I'm rooting for the opponent. Cant wait to see him lose (again).
              I think Lopez has what it takes to give Loma a tough time, at least for a few rounds. I think he hits harder, and he definitely has faster hands. He also has excellent head movement.

My guess is that Loma will be afraid of his power, and expecially of his body attack, and will stay on the outside, where his superior footwork will give him the edge.
              UD Lomachenko.
              Questioning myself now because I had this view too, but since Cable has it....I think I will bet on the complete opposite

Will watch as a complete neutral and just hope for a good, engaging fight. Though I like Lopez' talent, maybe his personality traits could be questions. I don't like brash and cocky and he's shown this in the past, and I'm doubting he suddenly becomes humble. So I could grow to really dislike the kid!

Comment

--- Cablesan, Loma has everything over Teo save power, I mean wtf? Always said his Achilles heel that dooms him will be power, but Walters had it in spades and was so baffled he had to quit. Teo has that puncher chance, but most likely he'll No Mas like most the others, and Loma the best inside game in the biz, and you say he's gonna give that up? Sheesh!!!

Comment

Working...
                X