Terence Crawford says recognition will come only after he has hung up the gloves

The_budweiser

Happens a lot in life, people don't give you the credit until you retire or till your dead.

Crawford is a fantastic boxer. If he was mouthy and shouting from the hill tops it would get him a lot more publicity and a lot more attention. But, credit to him, that's not his style.

A lot of good fights still out there for the 36-0 boxer - Errol Spence Jr, Thurman, Garcia and few upcoming fighters in the welterweight division.

Crawford's quality of opposition is really underwhelming. If it doesn't pick up over the next few years his legacy will be tarnished. Horn was lucky to be a champ and his defences have been against guys who grade B material really. I think his toughest opponent is Postol which puts his p4p claims into perspective and why he can't be rated above Canelo, Loma and Inoue for me.

--- Finally able to post in the new format that looks nice and crisp to me. Terence already has p4p recognition and I doubt Spence wants him during his catostrophic comeback, and definitely arum ain't letting him fight Porter. Manny with too many Haymon options may not fight this year for the first time in his life. Hope he and his family are OK.

Crawford's quality of opposition is really underwhelming. If it doesn't pick up over the next few years his legacy will be tarnished. Horn was lucky to be a champ and his defences have been against guys who grade B material really. I think his toughest opponent is Postol which puts his p4p claims into perspective and why he can't be rated above Canelo, Loma and Inoue for me.

Fair post. He is a quality, complete boxer but needs some of the bigger names on his record. There's plenty of decent quality in and around welterweight and he has the beating of them all.