Are these 3 UK PPV events, PPV worthy?

The_budweiser

After a long wait, UK boxing fans are enjoying having their favourite fighters back in the ring doing what they do best. These days the biggest fights are almost always on a Pay-Per-View platform. One Pay-Per-View has already taken place on Eddie Hearn’s Fight Camp when Dillian Whyte was shockingly stopped by Alexander Povetkin.

https://www.ringnews24.com/2020/09/04/3-uk-ppvs-in-2020-that-could-feature-anthony-joshua-dillian-whyte-and-dereck-chisora/

After a long wait, UK boxing fans are enjoying having their favourite fighters back in the ring doing what they do best. These days the biggest fights are almost always on a Pay-Per-View platform. One Pay-Per-View has already taken place on Eddie Hearn’s Fight Camp when Dillian Whyte was shockingly stopped by Alexander Povetkin.

https://www.ringnews24.com/2020/09/04/3-uk-ppv-events-in-2020-that-could-feature-anthony-joshua-dereck-chisora-and-dillian-whyte/

Sort link out Bud - redirects incorrectly

ALL SORTED NOW - https://www.ringnews24.com/2020/09/04/3-uk-ppvs-in-2020-that-could-feature-anthony-joshua-dillian-whyte-and-dereck-chisora/

You wouldn't believe it I told you. Here goes, My internet provider banned me from my website for 1 week. Yes, Virgin Media banned me. I called them upand they said there's nothing they can do.

So I'm on a VPN to get access to the site until my the week ban clears. Apparently moving the news site to a new server set up auto banning software, something to do with Bank Safety Protocol - The exact same happened to me when we moved the server previously.

They said its rare but it does happen.

So with the ban the old site was working for me but the new site wasn't - The article was sent to the old site and worked for me while you guys could view the new site with no article in sight.

Back on Topic....

I'm not a big fan of PPV. Boxers at the highets level make enough money, while fans get taken advantage of. The PPV prices in USA are scandalous.

I don't mind PPV if the undercard is stacked with good fights but it rarely is.

To be honest I wouldn't buy these 3 fights on PPV.

Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev

Oleksandr Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora

Dillian Whyte vs. Alexander Povetkin II

For the best part of 5 years now (maybe more), fringe contender type fighters such as Whyte deem themselves PPV worthy for some reason and as such command purses that require their events are on PPV.

It seems to be the case that these calibre fighters ALSO want to headline their own shows, and are not content with being a support act on a genuine PPV headliner, along with their payout they would get from that.

Just another thing that's shit about the sport. Add it to the long list.

For the best part of 5 years now (maybe more), fringe contender type fighters such as Whyte deem themselves PPV worthy for some reason and as such command purses that require their events are on PPV.

It seems to be the case that these calibre fighters ALSO want to headline their own shows, and are not content with being a support act on a genuine PPV headliner, along with their payout they would get from that.

Just another thing that's shit about the sport. Add it to the long list.

For me PPV should be the BEST vs the BEST on one EPIC SHOW with a strong undercard. A night to remember experince for your cash.

Promoters are happy to let fringe fighters head events on PPV and fill the undercards with one sided matches full of prospects.

I 100% agree @Ton the fringe contender types shouldn't warrant a headline PPV fight.

For me PPV should be the BEST vs the BEST on one EPIC SHOW with a strong undercard. A night to remember experince for your cash.

This definitely, but times have changed, and fighters see the daft money the like sof Mayweather, Canelo and AJ generate and want that action.

Also the fact that boxers even at the fringe world level only fight 1 maybe 2 times a year. So essentially they would never get to be the headline, but always a support act for the big name on the event if the above scenario was the case.

It's a tough one, but it's absolutely the case that these days, PPV events are poorer quality in terms of the calibre of fighters than it was 10 years ago.