Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Jose Ramirez have enough to beat Josh Taylor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Jose Ramirez have enough to beat Josh Taylor?

Ever since emerging as one of the top talents from the 2012 Olympics, Ramirez has gone on to win two titles at 140 pounds, the WBO and WBC belts.

His record stands at 26-0 with 17 knockouts and he is always in an entertaining fight. But what makes Ramirez unique is that he isnít always dominant, and has had some close fights.

https://www.ringnews24.com/2020/09/0...t-josh-taylor/

--- See it as an even fight overall, but 60-40 for Taylor in the UK. Be a great fight for sure if officials don't blow it.

Comment

The Ramirez that fought Postol last week no way beats Josh Taylor. It wont even be a close fight. He was getting straight jabbed all night, marking up badly too. Taylor's jab and move style is perfect for beating Ramirez. Stoppage no later than the 7th.

Comment

No. He lacks the power and skill set to beat Taylor. High volume punch rate won't be enough.

Comment

Had the pleasure of watching Josh live, he's very talented and has a unique style compared to other talent that's came through Scotland over the years.

Since I saw him beat Wiston Campos hes went on and beaten some good fighters in Viktor Postol, Ryan Martin, Ivan Baranchyk and Regis Prograis.

He's got Apinun Khongsong to get past later this month. I'm not sure if there's anyone in the super lightweight division that can beat him.

According to Boxrec he's already beaten 3 in the top 6.

Theres still a few undefeated fighters near the top of the division - Jose Carlos Ramirez, Mario Barrios, Arnold Barboza Jr, Jack Catterall, Malik Hawkins and Shohjahon Ergashev - can anyone see any of them causing him trouble?

Comment

I think the super hype Josh gets is a bit much. He's a good boxer no doubt but still overhyped I believe. He will likely beat those in this pretty sparse division though.
            If some of the top lightweights move up, or he decides to move into welterweight (some big money fights there) he will have big problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Ton View Post
              I think the super hype Josh gets is a bit much. He's a good boxer no doubt but still overhyped I believe. He will likely beat those in this pretty sparse division though.
              If some of the top lightweights move up, or he decides to move into welterweight (some big money fights there) he will have big problems.
              I'm surprised you think he's a hype job considering what he's achieved after only 16 fights.

He smashed Ohara Davies, if I remember right was a big favourite and unbeaten.

He beat Ivan Baranchyk 19-0 for the IBF title after his 14th fight. His next fight he beat Regis Prograis 24-0 for the WBA title and won the WBC diamond title in the process.

I really like his movement and boxing ability. I don’t think he’s a hype job and his record so far shows this.

Comment

Working...
              X