Daniel Dubois vs Ricardo Snijders - Who you picking? (SPOILERS)

The_budweiser

Daniel Dubois vs Ricardo Snijders

Sunny Edwards vs Thomas Essomba

Sam Maxwell vs Joe Hughes

Willy Hutchinson vs Ben Thomas

Sam Noakes vs Jordan Ellison

David Adeleye vs Phil Williams

TV: BT SPORT FROM & 7PM UK TIME (7-11)

Daniel Dubois vs Ricardo Sneijders weights and photo

https://www.ringnews24.com/2020/08/28/daniel-dubois-vs-ricardo-sneijders-weights-and-photo/

Frank Warren predicts Daniel Dubois will be ready for a world title shot next year as new Joe Joyce date is announced

https://www.ringnews24.com/2020/08/28/frank-warren-predicts-daniel-dubois-will-be-ready-for-a-world-title-shot-next-year-as-new-joe-joyce-date-is-announced/

Daniel Dubois will be hoping to avoid the same fate that befell rival Dillian Whyte

https://www.ringnews24.com/2020/08/27/daniel-dubois-will-be-hoping-to-avoid-the-same-fate-that-befell-rival-dillian-whyte/

Daniel Dubois gets new challenger when he defends his WBO International Heavyweight title

https://www.ringnews24.com/2020/08/19/daniel-dubois-gets-new-challenger-when-he-defends-his-wbo-international-heavyweight-title/

Well Dubois fight was a waste of time. I don't think he shook any ring rust when his opponent offered little in return.

I enjoyed last weekend boxing more even the women's fight :-). Hutchison was on fire looked very hungry - I look forward to seeing how he's going to develop.

What was more outrageous last night Fury's suit or Sunny Edwards ponytails :mlol:

Well I suppose Slow Joyce is a step up...

Definitely a step up. Joyce beat Filip Hrgovic in WSB and was a silver medalist in the Olympics.

Joe has stopped Bermane Stiverne and Alexander Ustinov in the pros and I'd expect Daniel to do the same. Joe holds a very good win over Bryant Jennings.

Joyce is now a contender, so will be interesting to see how a fight with Dubois unfolds. It should be a War.

Well I suppose Slow Joyce is a step up...

A HUGE step up. Joyce's right hand technique is laughably abysmal, but he has almost everything else in spades. Great footwork, great defense - and since the Ustinov fight he's even developed the ability to head slip well. Joyce also attacks with excellent lateral movement. Joyce's jab sucks as much as his right hand, but his defensive movement will compensate for that flaw. Big, stiff Dubious is going to have a very hard time landing, which will be a brand new experience for him. Dubious' entire career has consisted of B-level fighters that just stood in front of him. That 'aint Joe Joyce.

And Joyce has as much stamina as Dubious, despite his age, so in the late rounds, a massively frustrated Dubios (should he still be standing) is not going to have that advantage.

Also, Joyce's power LEFT is excellent, especially his left to the body, and if Dubious is open to any punch it's the body shot.

Oh, and Joyce has a 2" reach advantage, Not a big deal, due to the total suckage of his jab, but still.....

I have this fight 75-25 for Joyce. - If it ever actually happens.

Edited by Cableaddict

Dubious' entire career has consisted of B-level fighters that just stood in front of him. That 'aint Joe Joyce.

A lot of people were picking Gorman to beat Dubois, and that was a step up at the time. Despite Gorman's fleshy, non-athletic exterior he actually has decent speed and movement and was deemed to be the better boxer of the two as clashing prospects. But Dubois took care of business there and looks to be a bulldozer.

I don't see him NOT catching plodding Joe, and while he has displayed a solid chin in his years of experience apparently, I think accumulation and being overwhelmed by Dubois could put him down and out.

Of course it's a big step up in class for the younger man, Joyce might not just roll over and as a big lump could lean on and deplete Dubois' stamina and take him into deep waters. That could happen!

But I'm impressed with Dubois. He had been improving with each fight, though he didn't manage to take out Kevin Johnson, which wasn't great news.

Very intriguing match up. Despite his superior experience, I just don't see any fuss about Joyce in all honesty, whereas Dubois has that excitement of raw power and hunger. I'd prefer him to come out on top and will possibly have a little bet on him since the odds will likely favour Joyce.

Gorman was definitely a solid win for the Dubious One. In fact, it's when I first started giving him a little respect.

- But like I said, even Gorman just stood in front of Dubious and slugged it out. His defensive movement was not very good in that fight. - And Gorman only has a 73" reach! He's basically tailor-made for Dubious. Joyce has 80" to Dubious' 78"

If Joyce fights Dubious like he fought Ustinov, he could well control the fight. Of course, if he fights like he did against Stiverne, then I agree Dubois might be able to wear him down.

Well, I'm not a fan of either fighter, but if it happens it will indeed be a fight not to miss. I'll be rooting for Dubious. At least he doesn't throw his right hand like a girl.