Exciting MW prospect Edgar Berlanga - Fighting tonight !

Cableaddict

Coming up soon. KO artist (against soft opposition) Edgar Berlanga faces a "decent" opponent tonight. He's been working with Danny Jacobs' former trainer for a bout a year now. Looking forward to seeing if he can show some new depth, use the jab more, vary his timings, etc.

This kid could go all the way.

Looking forward to seeing him take on someone who actually is decent, not a guy who was shut out by Mike Guy and stopped in 2 by the 4th best Kazakh Middleweight...interesting to see if they push the 1st KO streak as a primary thing for the next few years, until they beat Raymi's record and THEN let him off the leash

.interesting to see if they push the 1st KO streak as a primary thing for the next few years, until they beat Raymi's record and THEN let him off the leash

His current trainer, Andre Rozier, has said that he specifically wants Berlanga to slow down, learn to jab more, learn to breath & set things up. So it's not likely that they'll be specifically going for KO's at all.

Sadly, his opponent last night (who I thought would put up a better fight) didn't even give him a chance! - Berlanga has the kind of power & punch support that lets him punch right through an opponents guard. He's like a smaller George Foreman, and with better footwork & ring generalship. Scary.

He also sounds very humble & clear-headed, saying that he knows he needs to learn a lot more. That bodes very well for his future.

I haven't been this excited about a young prospect in quite some time.

Edited by Cableaddict

I've met him several times. Talked to him at great lengths. He's a nice kid, very funny. Most of the people i know in media in NYC, all say he's a gym rat, and the real deal. The 1st round knock outs are cool, but he's well prepared to fight deeper in fights. I finally got him to sign a glove for me last year after the Bud vs Mean Machine fight.