Agit Kabayel Moves to 20-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agit Kabayel Moves to 20-0

--- Fought in a floating Ring set up in the middle of a German lake.

Luverly Corona protocol protection. Time for Boxing's lowbrows to get their arrears in gear!

Already a big win over Chisora, so roll over all you BigBoys, we got a New Dog taking over.

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/575332

Agit is a strange one. Was the European Heavyweight champion, made three defences but he is no longer the champ. Nice to see him fight a rare Greek Heavyweight. Not watched the fight but watched the unbeaten Heavyweights on the undercard - Peter Kadiru and Collins Omondi Ojal.

Had a look at the last European Heavyweight rankings and a pretty impressive bunch. Main EBU title is vacant but was held by Agit Kabayel.
    Seems we have three titles now. The traditional EBU title and two underneath (EU and EE-EU).

European Boxing Union rankings (from March)

HEAVYWEIGHTS (over 90,719 kg)
    EBU: VACANT
    Chall: Joe JOYCE (GB)
    Chall: Daniel DUBOIS (GB)
    MD: Marco HUCK (DE/AT)
    EU: Vacant EU:
    EEEU: Umut CAMKIRAN (TK) EEEU: Vacant EEEU: Vacant
    Contenders:
    1 Dillan WHYTE (GB)
    2 Aleksander USYK (UA)
    3 Aleksander POVETKIN (RU)
    4 Robert HELENIUS (FI)
    5 Dereck CHISORA (GB)
    6 Kubrat PULEV (BG)
    7 Umut CAMKIRAN (TK) EE-EUChamp
    8 Filip HRGOVIC (HR)
    9 Carlos TAKAM (FR)
    10 Hughie FURY (GB)
    11 Agit KABAYEL (DE)
    12 Herve HUBEAUX (BE)
    13 Erkan TEPER (DE)
    14 David PRICE (GB)
    15 Tom SCHWARZ (DE)
    16 Andriy RUDENKO (UA
    17 Marcin SIWY (PL)
    18 Joel Tambwe DJEKO (BE)
    NR Johann DUHAUPAS (FR/MC)*
    Last edited by WelshDevilRob; 07-19-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

--- What happened to Joyce/Dubois?

I know Corona killed all fights short term, but that one was such a natural. Lost forever?

Joyce is fighting someone else before July is out now.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
        Wow !

I'm not a fan of Kabayel, in fact I think he's massively over-hyped, but that's bloody cool.

As for Kabayel, I can't imagine why anyone would even bother to discuss him. Average hand speed & power, extremely limited skills, short & stocky yet doesn't know how to fight inside. (He sure knows how to clinch, though.) He BARELY got by a shot-to-shit Chisora, and other than that fight, he has fought nothing but cans, and never outside of Germany.

He's nothing but a HW version of Tyrone Zuege.
        Last edited by Cableaddict; 07-19-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Luverly Corona protocol protection. Time for Boxing's lowbrows to get their arrears in gear!

Already a big win over Chisora, so roll over all you BigBoys, we got a New Dog taking over.

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/575332
          Leave it to the Germans! This was one of the fights I included in my prediction league and I pretty much thought it would go down this way. Why? Because I noticed Kabayel has never won by stoppage in an important fight.

Comment

---Kabayel listed at 6-3, 230s had a number of Euro belts he seems to have abandoned.

Would he take $5 Mil for a Josh shot?

Yup, he would!

Comment

You have obviously never seen Kabayel fight, LRR, and have merely glanced at his Boxrec resume. Use the Chisora very close pts win SD as a yardstick at your peril if you ever consider a wager on Agit vs anyone with a pulse. He is extremely lac luster, idealess (I won't say clueless) and couldn't get an unknown Greek out of the way in a timely fashion on Saturday. The Greek was bizarrely afforded an extra 15-20 seconds at the start of each round, too to 'recover' from what looked like heat exhaustion.

A screengrab from start of R7, but it was a similar picture every round...with the ref having to forcibly make Lazaridis' corner vacate the ring and get him to his feet.

This new dog is taking over from no one. He possibly beats Gorman and I'm no Joyce fan but I don't even think he beats Joyce. Dubois would stop his career in its tracks.

I would like to see a match up for Agit vs someone like a Hrgovic or Tony Yoka.

School yourself, Bobby - the whole card is here in HD

https://www.koboxingforum.com/forum/...965#post972965

Comment

Well Kabayel has hooked on with TopRank. So what's TopRank's plan? Perhaps to build him into next Tom Schwarz or Otto Wallin, i.e. Fury fodder. Or an opponent for one of Warren's guys. Warren, of course, co-promotes with TopRank. I don't see Kabayel being competitive with any TopRank's or Warren's top guys.

Comment

---Kabayel listed at 6-3, 230s had a number of Euro belts he seems to have abandoned.

Would he take $5 Mil for a Josh shot?

Yup, he would!

Well, he's definitely not 6'3". he's exactly the same height as Chisora, and Chisora is shorter than his listed 6'1.5" But that's the boxing gamer, can't blame HIM for it.

And yeah, obviously TR signed him in the hopes of fattening his record and cashing out as an AJ sacrificial lamb. - Which would also explain their fudging his height.

Is $5 mil the going rate these days, for no-hoper HW opponents?

Comment

--- Boyz, ol Bobby Mac jus tryin' his new Corona Virus vaccination in these morbidly deceased times.

Beats plotting the next burning/looting riots.

Yes we can stay brave and with protocol whoop Corona a new one!

Comment

Originally posted by Cableaddict View Post

Well, he's definitely not 6'3". he's exactly the same height as Chisora, and Chisora is shorter than his listed 6'1.5" But that's the boxing gamer, can't blame HIM for it.

And yeah, obviously TR signed him in the hopes of fattening his record and cashing out as an AJ sacrificial lamb. - Which would also explain their fudging his height.

Is $5 mil the going rate these days, for no-hoper HW opponents?
                      I wondered about it, as Turks are generally not known as very tall people. Due to their Mongol origin, or half-Mongol. Lol...I bet Teper isn't 6'5 either. They love to make them bigger than they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X