Guido Vianello

BoztheMadman

A new heavy to look out for: the 6'6 Italian Guido Vianello, who just 2 days ago scored a first round TKO against one Don Haynesworth (record coming in 16-3-1). The first Italian hw in a long time, after Pianeta that is, but hopefully he'll turn out to be better. Has any of you seen him in action?

He's been with TopRank since turning pro two years back and been featured on their undercards from his debut. Got a bit more exposure this week when he was moved up on the card after Mikaela Mayer's withdrawal. He moves well for a big guy. The way TopRank rolls, he'll be matched favorably for at least another 10 fights which may mean another 2-3 years. This was the first time I really planned to watch a fight of his since his opponent finally had some experience. He caught Haynesworth on the temple which affected his equilibrium. He knew where he was but he wasn't all there physically. A sensible stoppage. Let's see how he develops his punching skills while maintaining that movement which should set him apart from most opponents. A bit Parker-esque but Parker's movement skills have waned with age. He also hasn't yet had his own punch resistance tested. TopRank will bring him along patiently while trying to keep his record clean. Promoters may say that a loss shouldn't matter but they know a zero in the loss column makes for optimum marketability.

Jeez, Guido looks awfully good, so far. (Let's hope Abel Sanchez doesn't screw him up.)

I just saw (Youtube surfing) that he fought Makhmudov in the World Series of Boxing. That fight isn't listed on Boxrec.

I won't spoil the result, but Guido proved he can really take a punch.

Worth a look:

Edited by Cableaddict

Jeez, Guido looks awfully good, so far. (Let's hope Abel Sanchez doesn't screw him up.)

I just saw (Youtube surfing) that he fought Makhmudov in the World Series of Boxing. the fight isn't listed on Boxrec.

I won't spoil the result, but Guido proved he can really take a punch.

Worth a look:

Thank you for that.