Carlos Monzon series - Anyone watched it?

Monzón: A Knockout Blow

The story about Argentinian boxer Carlos Monzón in his career and life in prison.

MV5BOTY5YzJiMzMtNmYyZi00MDljLWFkMzMtMGE4ZWY0ZjMzZTg5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

-------------

Came-out at the end of 2019 and now available on Netflix in the UK. Fair play, it's brilliant. Great acting and scenes.

Undisputed Middleweight champion, from Argentina, Carlos Monzon was a bit before my time. Some consider him the Greatest Middleweight of all-time. He was controversial and brutal and retired as the champion of the World.

Well worth watching. It's not sugar-coated - he wasn't a nice man.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9852660/

Anyone else watched it?

......Some consider him the Greatest Middleweight of all-time. He was controversial and brutal and retired as the champion of the World.

That might make a good discussion.

He was just before my time as well, and I really don't know a lot about him. However, his record seems to be massively padded with cans and journeymen. Not unlike the career of Chavez, except that Chavez also had some elite competition near the end of his prime. Even the guy Monzon beat for the title looks pretty average, on paper.

Does anyone know what Monzon's career highlights would be? What wins would make someone consider him"the Greatest Middleweight of all-time?"

- Just askin'. ;-)

Edited by Cableaddict

Monzón: A Knockout Blow

The story about Argentinian boxer Carlos Monzón in his career and life in prison.

MV5BOTY5YzJiMzMtNmYyZi00MDljLWFkMzMtMGE4ZWY0ZjMzZTg5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

-------------

Came-out at the end of 2019 and now available on Netflix in the UK. Fair play, it's brilliant. Great acting and scenes.

Undisputed Middleweight champion, from Argentina, Carlos Monzon was a bit before my time. Some consider him the Greatest Middleweight of all-time. He was controversial and brutal and retired as the champion of the World.

Well worth watching. It's not sugar-coated - he wasn't a nice man.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9852660/

Anyone else watched it?

--- Wrote a Corona Virus Nightmare Fight with him an Marv a few weeks ago.

Carlos is a bad dude in and out of the ring, but became a celebrity in Europe and starred in a fwe movies that I'd be happy to watch, but not this one.

FACT: 5 yr overlap of his all time great career end with the start of Marv. They could've fought in 1978 when Marv has mysterious assumed Ring #1, but Carlos well into retirement with finances and legacy set in stone.

That might make a good discussion.

He was just before my time as well, and I really don't know a lot about him. However, his record seems to be massively padded with cans and journeymen. Not unlike the career of Chavez, except that Chavez also has some elite competition near the end of his prime. Even the guy Monzone beat for the title looks pretty average, on paper.

Does anyone know what Monzon's career highloights would be? What wins would make someone consider him"the Greatest Middleweight of all-time?"

- Just askin'. ;-)

Tbh the series really helped me on his career.

IBRO recently updated their rankings after 15 years.

Here's the Middleweights.

http://www.ibroresearch.com/2020/03/15645/