Mike Tyson Comeback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson Comeback?

--- Call it Corona Virus Cabin Fever after a clip of the 50+ Tyson working the pads went viral.

Roaming hordes of smart phone boxing idjits been hounding him about comeback plans that badgered him into giving an exhibition for a charity involved in the assistance of victims. The ol'geez Field pipes up with blather and Arum and Hearn eyeballs floating in $ say he could make millions.

The Corona Virus Trilogy Of The Ages Promotion?

I've got no problem with him doing exhibitions but nothing competitive. His stamina was gone 15 years ago which is why he lost to Williams and McBride. It's not going to come back at 53 and with him puffing blow like there's no tomorrow.

Comment

Seen this a lot but not really delved into it. Did read that he wouldn't mind doing a charity match. But, he's getting offers from all over the place - Sonny Bill Williams, Danny Williams, Shannon Briggs. Evander Holyfield now getting in on the act.

Going to be limited fight dates, so would prefer those to go to active boxers who need the money more.

Comment

--- Now Let's Be Chump Briggs says he's The Chosen One still couched as an exhibition.

Lord have mercy on us all!

Comment

Where there is money there is the WBC. They're saying they would rank Tyson. :)

When this was put to Wbc President Sulaiman, who was speaking to Stats Perform News courtesy of @trcksuits, he responded: "Mike Tyson was the youngest to win a world championship. Maybe he will be the oldest! Heís a tremendous, legendary figure. Heís an icon for the sport, an icon for the WBC.

"He could knock out anyone with one punch, at any time! So of course we will support him.

"I don't like to speculate. This is a topic we are all entertained by. An exhibition is one thing; if he comes back he has to be licensed and has to go through a thorough process.

"I'm not going to kill the dream. I'm going to be very supportive of Mike Tyson, he deserves it. If the dream is to say 'I will be ranked,' I am saying yes, we will rank him.

"Every world champion has a provision that he can come back, like Sugar Ray [Leonard], who was inactive. But Tysonís case is different, heís been away many years.

"But I am in full support of Mike Tyson. I believe this will bring entertainment and heís doing it for charity. He wants to serve the world in this difficult moment."

Comment

Working...
          X