Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locked down, locked in, what you watching? (boxing)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Locked down, locked in, what you watching? (boxing)

    Locked down, locked in, what you watching? (boxing)

    Sup guys, how's everyone doing out there? I'm assuming most are quarantined at home for long periods of time, and i was wondering what have you been watching? (strictly boxing, don't mention Tiger King)

    I've mostly been catching up on fights from the last year or so that i haven't watched it, or ones that i attended and never watched the broadcast. But i've also watched some older fights. Here's a list.

    Bobby Chacon vs Bazooka Limon IV
    Syd Vanderpool vs Tito Mendoza
    Antuwn Echolds vs Richard Grant
    Steve Robinson vs Jon Jo Irwin
    Ray Mercer vs Bert Cooper
    Pernell Whitaker vs Miguel Santana
    Joe Smith vs Jesse Hart
    Yuri Vaulin vs Paul Bradshaw
    Jed Phipps vs Steve Griffin
    Segei Artemiev vs Donald Townsend
    Jorge Arce vs Juan Francisco Centeno
    Yory Boy Campas vs Larry Barnes
    Serguei Kobozev vs Carl Wilson
    Freddie Norwood vs Vuyani Bungu
    James Tillis vs Pinklon Thomas
    Herbie Hide vs James Pritchard
    Robert Garcia vs John John Molina
    Mike McCallum vs Steve Collins
    Bobby Czyz vs Willie Edwards
    Jorge Paez vs Steve Cruz

    What about you?

  • #2
    I recently watched the entire pro career of Marvin Hagler, in chronological order.
    OK, I cheated and some of them were highlight vids, but it was still quite something. I've never done that before.

    Next I'm going to attempt to do the same with Sweet Pea.
    Last edited by Cableaddict; 04-06-2020, 01:05 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      --- Watched 4 Hamed title fights starting with Steve Robinson, what a treat.

      Watched the 1st Jose Ramirez/ Pea fight everyone claims was a robbery...NOT!

      Gave Pea the first and 2-3 even, but after that he was just running, sometimes turning his back completely as he kept circling into Ramirez power left hook. Midway it looked like those body shots had him near collapse, so he added excessive grabbing to buy time for the decision.

      Then I watched Camacho KD and bust up Ramirez 3 yrs earlier, and though he ran, he was delivering combos and often driving Ramirez backwards. At one point he literally walks over him. This is before the nose candy led Camacho stopped training to gain wt and looking more like early Pea.

      Be a bunch more before this thing is over.

      Comment


      • #4
        Today I watched Dorin-Spadafora, only seen it once before. Boy, what a fight-and what a robbery! Dorin won it clear as a day. Even more amazing is Spada was sure he had won. He wasn't even close! Dorin won 8 rounds at least.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
          --- Watched 4 Hamed title fights starting with Steve Robinson, what a treat.

          Watched the 1st Jose Ramirez/ Pea fight everyone claims was a robbery...NOT!

          Gave Pea the first and 2-3 even, but after that he was just running, sometimes turning his back completely as he kept circling into Ramirez power left hook. Midway it looked like those body shots had him near collapse, so he added excessive grabbing to buy time for the decision.

          Then I watched Camacho KD and bust up Ramirez 3 yrs earlier, and though he ran, he was delivering combos and often driving Ramirez backwards. At one point he literally walks over him. This is before the nose candy led Camacho stopped training to gain wt and looking more like early Pea.

          Be a bunch more before this thing is over.
          I'm going to rewatch this one tonight.

          Going from memory, I remember thinking it wa pretty close, and kinda' boring. I think it was just too soon for Pea to be going for a title, even against such a slow-handed & basic opponent. Pea was still fighting like an amateur. Fast hands, but not committing much to his punches. Some great body work, though. Whittaker's defense was great, of course, but used up too much energy. Again, a hold-over from the ams, when you did have to go so many rounds.
          Last edited by Cableaddict; 04-06-2020, 05:20 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            https://www.koboxingforum.com/forum/...205#post970205

            Comment


            • #7
              Freddie Norwood vs Derrick Gainer I saw yesterday...like a movie, a dirty action movie. Its got a dramatic and controversial ending, lots of dirty fighting and some good action. Can't miss.

              Comment


              • #8
                Is that the one where they whack each other in the balls? That's great fun. Ive just watched Chavez v Rosario. An absolutely punch perfect performance and Rosario was never the same again.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Robbo View Post
                  Is that the one where they whack each other in the balls? That's great fun. Ive just watched Chavez v Rosario. An absolutely punch perfect performance and Rosario was never the same again.
                  Yeah, haha. Always fun to watch.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Been watching some Gary Mason fights. Crazy how he and Horace Notice both suffered detached retinas right around the same time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Trinidad-Vargas was another one of those "cinematic value" fights. You had the early knockdowns, the bounce-backs, the low blows and last-round stoppage.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        --- Been chortling over this all time baseball brawl kicked off when young stud Robin Ventura charges grizzled pitcher Nolan Ryan who put some grandpa knots on his noggin.

                        Actually 2 brawls in one where nfl great Bo Jackson makes his appearance!

                        Interesting stat compilation too.

                        https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2...d-anniversary/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
                          --- Been chortling over this all time baseball brawl kicked off when young stud Robin Ventura charges grizzled pitcher Nolan Ryan who put some grandpa knots on his noggin.

                          Actually 2 brawls in one where nfl great Bo Jackson makes his appearance!

                          Interesting stat compilation too.

                          https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2...d-anniversary/
                          What about the Pacers-Pistons brawl that became "Pacers vs Crowd Hooligans" eventually?? That was MADNESS!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            - -Win, lose, or draw hard to beat Rocky Lockridge for value.

                            His 1st rd KO of Roger Mayweather truly epic. Then outboxed at 130 by the then smooth moving JCChavez who was so young as to be barely recognizable. Didn't know Rocky died last year...R.I.P.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Was recently rewatching Abel Ramos' come from behind last round stoppage over Perrella. Interesting to hear that Abel was sick, coughing for 2 weeks prior to the fight. I wonder if maybe he was sick with COVID-19. It was hilarious hearing Brian Kenny, Lennox and Goosen fawning over Perrella in the last round, and BOOM shit ends just like that lol.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X