Tyson Fury vs Ali/Big George/Holmes/Mike Tyson/Lewis/The Ks/Joshua

LondonRingRules

--- WBSS has launched a fantasy tourney to keep fans occupied, and so can we!

Ali was the first to launch the new 6-3/215lb standard for heavies, however, by the 80s the 15 rounder had been scrapped for 12 rds-standard 20' Ring and prime to prime discussion only in 8 oz gloves.

I'll follow up with more later, but I say big Ty gets into Ali jive act to take him to decision. He won't chase him around like Liston and others but rather impose his size and range on him in a fight Ali could never stylistically prepare for in sparring.

I only now realized just how good Smokin' Joe was...had he been Foreman's size, he'd have kicked his ass. The first guy to beat Ali and Ali never really beat him down to size. Always been a favorite of mine really.

Yep.

Not just skilled, not just powerful, but as they say - tougher than a coffin nail. One of the most "never quit" fighters that ever laced 'em up.

• Like 1

Yep.

Not just skilled, not just powerful, but as they say - tougher than a coffin nail. One of the most "never quit" fighters that ever laced 'em up.

He was amazing. I mean, a 5'11 guy beating up someone like Buster Mathis, a 6'3 guy who could weigh up to 280 and was far from a bum. Joe just demolished him. Like he beat up Ali. Foreman was just too big and strong, otherwise he'd get beaten up too. This guy had SERIOUS ability. :boxing:

--- WBSS Tinkerbell fantasy sees Iron Mike KOing Big George to face Ali in the final.

Any want to lay odds on Ali winning the Ali trophy?

Only in boxing, folks!

Ali should win it - he's the Greatest. No surprise Mike beat Luke - Mike would destroy the guy. I'd have George beating Mike though. Final should be Muhammad Ali vs Lennox Lewis - the two Greatest Heavyweights of all-time.

Ali should win it - he's the Greatest. No surprise Mike beat Luke - Mike would destroy the guy. I'd have George beating Mike though. Final should be Muhammad Ali vs Lennox Lewis - the two Greatest Heavyweights of all-time.

--- Been amiss with recent massive shutdown, but the WBSS had Mike Tyson UD over Ali.

Hope you and yours are taking all due care. Stay brave and stay cool and this monstrosity shall pass with folks wiser than they were after 911.

Any way, I figure Fury to do a number on Lewis in the pre fight to intimidate him to a UD win where Lewis like Wlad loses his height and reach advantage and can't muscle around Fury as the do with smaller fighters

--- Been amiss with recent massive shutdown, but the WBSS had Mike Tyson UD over Ali.

Hope you and yours are taking all due care. Stay brave and stay cool and this monstrosity shall pass with folks wiser than they were after 911.

Any way, I figure Fury to do a number on Lewis in the pre fight to intimidate him to a UD win where Lewis like Wlad loses his height and reach advantage and can't muscle around Fury as the do with smaller fighters

All safe and sound here. Working from home for the government but got a sunny weekend off :)

I've never seen Lennox Lewis intimidated. I'm guessing Tyson Fury acts like tall Henry Akinwande - petrified when he realises the Lion is in front of him ;)

Does Fury beat Akinwande though? Henry was underrated and an awkward customer :)

--- Great to hear Rob. Guess your daughter near grown by now, so have the schools shut down like here? Here they closed the campuses and are creating online classes.

My youngest dropped by and good news is he'd aleady been working online at home and finally ditched his bad news GF. Bad news means he'll have to take a tenet in to pay his new mortgage and will soon be laid off because the biz is based in real life people services which have greatly dwindled because of the shutdown.

Back at the home of KO Boxing we have Fury emerging from the shutdown to fight Wlad to a dreary draw and a furious shootout with Vitali who KOs an exhausted Fury late in Fight of the Year!