Tyson Fury vs Ali/Big George/Holmes/Mike Tyson/Lewis/The Ks/Joshua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury vs Ali/Big George/Holmes/Mike Tyson/Lewis/The Ks/Joshua

--- WBSS has launched a fantasy tourney to keep fans occupied, and so can we!

Ali was the first to launch the new 6-3/215lb standard for heavies, however, by the 80s the 15 rounder had been scrapped for 12 rds-standard 20' Ring and prime to prime discussion only in 8 oz gloves.

I'll follow up with more later, but I say big Ty gets into Ali jive act to take him to decision. He won't chase him around like Liston and others but rather impose his size and range on him in a fight Ali could never stylistically prepare for in sparring.

THE KS??? Wtf is HE doing there??!

Comment

Originally posted by BoztheMadman View Post
      THE KS??? Wtf is HE doing there??!
      I assume LRR means "The K's" = The Klitschko's.

Not KSI....

What a difference an apostrophe makes.

Comment

--- The Ks are plural just like Lions, Tigers, and Bears, not possessive nor plural possessive.

Maybe include a fight between Grammatical & Syntax?

Comment

Originally posted by selij View Post

I assume LRR means "The K's" = The Klitschko's.

Not KSI....

What a difference an apostrophe makes.
          I see...a HUGE difference!

Comment

--- Ouch!

Vander KOed by Ali in the WBSS opener. Wonder how Iron Mike vs Butterbean goes?

Both had KDs of Lar, and speaking of the tubby, figure Big Ty to do an humiliating number on Lar.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
              --- Ouch!

Vander KOed by Ali in the WBSS opener. Wonder how Iron Mike vs Butterbean goes?

Both had KDs of Lar, and speaking of the tubby, figure Big Ty to do an humiliating number on Lar.
              Wth?? How does Ali ko Evander? When could he hit like Foreman or Shavers?

Comment

--- Oopsie!

Frazier KOs Lennox.

Meanwhile back at the home of KO boxing, Big George mullers Fury who simply cannot stand against prime George power and has to flee.

Comment

--- No report on bean vs Iron Mike, but I figure Fury vs Tyson to be a standoff.

Comment

I only now realized just how good Smokin' Joe was...had he been Foreman's size, he'd have kicked his ass. The first guy to beat Ali and Ali never really beat him down to size. Always been a favorite of mine really.

Comment

- -WBSS Tyson KOs Bean.

Big George dispatches Pinkytoe Haye.

Now I have Tyson vs Tyson and I'm picking Tyson!

Comment

Originally posted by BoztheMadman View Post
                        I only now realized just how good Smokin' Joe was...had he been Foreman's size, he'd have kicked his ass. The first guy to beat Ali and Ali never really beat him down to size. Always been a favorite of mine really.
                        Yep.

Not just skilled, not just powerful, but as they say - tougher than a coffin nail. One of the most "never quit" fighters that ever laced 'em up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cableaddict View Post

Yep.

Not just skilled, not just powerful, but as they say - tougher than a coffin nail. One of the most "never quit" fighters that ever laced 'em up.
                          He was amazing. I mean, a 5'11 guy beating up someone like Buster Mathis, a 6'3 guy who could weigh up to 280 and was far from a bum. Joe just demolished him. Like he beat up Ali. Foreman was just too big and strong, otherwise he'd get beaten up too. This guy had SERIOUS ability.

Comment

Is there a list or info/article on the glove sizes through history and what eras they were used?

Great idea by WBSS to hook up with EA Sports. Let's hope a new game is in the pipeline.
                            Last edited by WelshDevilRob; 03-27-2020, 05:37 PM.

Comment

--- Heresy!

Joe suffered A hangnail or some such and Sonny took his place against Ali to be KOed again....only on WBSS!

Comment

Working...
                              X