Delboy vs Usyk May 23 - O2 London

selij

-

Usyk used to be known as a top p4per, but all these injuries make him unknown.

Good point.

And at HW, Usyk will have no choice but to throw more hard punches. That could exacerbate any physical weaknesses in his body.

Edited by Cableaddict

Decent step in the direct for progress in the division but lets not pretend Chis is anything like a "live" opponent here. Beaten at every minor step up beyond UK/Euro level and Usyk should have no problems!

--- Baseball stat guru Bill James been speculating on the threat of coronavirus as to when baseball will start their postponed season.

He speculates given the timelines for previous flu pandemics to peak that May is that month.

My grocer had a run on essential items yesterday that left shelves bare. If grocers have to shut down, we'll all be dependent on military rationing. Lots of media scare mongering going on and folks get unpredictably dangerous when that happens.

--- Meanwhile as US boxing cancels, UFC seamlessly moved to studio taped fights to pay fighters and stay in business.

Only in boxing!

What major cards have been cancelled so far?

I would think that, once testing is widely available (despite the Trump administrations catastrophic failure) they could surely also have boxing without crowds. It's only 3-4 men on each side. PPV is in place, anyway.

It would be just like Douglass vs Tyson! lol...

Heck, they could even add-in fake audience noise.

Edited by Cableaddict

All of sport is being cancelled Bobby! Chaos.

From what I can see, the only boxing cards that have so far been postponed were a few scheduled for March. (Though I'm sure more will follow.)

As of March 11th, Artur Beterbiev vs Fanlong Meng was supposedly still on, as was Stevenson-Marriaga=, though THAT bout has now been postponed.

It's obviously a pretty fluid situation, but there has been no "blamket" cancellation of the sport.

- There isn't any organization that could do that, anyway.

Edited by Cableaddict

• 2 years later...