*****SPOILER March Heavyweight Madness

--- Modern March Madness is, of course, the frenzy over the NCAA basketball tourney eliminators that determine the #1 collegiate team for the year, bigger than the Super Bowl because of the month long timespan.

Kind of a case study in how basketball has grown during boxings decline where there are no big boxing events planned...however!!!

Barclays, March 7 we have a bruising encounter of 8 fringe contender hvys including one legit top 10.

Be a fun night for fights for sure!

https://boxrec.com/en/event/800461

Edited by LondonRingRules

Looks like four set-up / probable blowouts to me.

But the 2 HW bouts with the young prospects looks very interesting. (Feels like the old Friday Night / Tuesday Night Fights.)

Is this all on the main card?

--------------

BTW: : Weird to have a SLW bout in the same ring. That's gonna' be HUGE for those little guys. Well, I guess that just favors Ochoa even more. He should have a very fun night.

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Noteworthy is BigBaby absence in his hometown after his disgrace vs Josh.

Fat Adam is his good friend and the headliner.

I'm no fan of "Adam the defenseless", although I do enjoy his spurts of high output. Still, he's ALL wrong for Helenius:

Kownacki is a fast starter, and Helenius is a painfully SLOW starter. Kownacki likes to drive forward, throwing a ton on the inside, and Helenius absolutely sucks at backing up.

Helenius can really bang, if he manages to land a clean punch, but Kownacki won't stay at range and Kownacki has a granite chin.

Expect a fat man KO within the first 2-3 rounds.

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Two favored undefeated hvys got flattened including headliner Kownacki, so I call that a good night of and for boxing.

Seems fighters turning down substantial Josh offer are hexing themselves with Furys luck of the Irish circling the drain of borrowed time. Poor Kownacki gonna rue the day he turned down $5 Mil. Gonna be a hard field to plow back to offers like that.

Thins out the heavyweight divison even more somewhat now. Pretty big upset. Loved how it silenced the crowd and they exited in droves! :haha:

A piss poor division, and I rank it thus....

AJ, Fury...

Wilder...

Whye

.....................Usyk (untested as such)

Ortiz, Parker, Povetkin, Ruiz Jr, Hunter, Pulev

............Dubois/Joyce/Yoka/Ajagba (prospects touching this upper level)

Chisora, Helenius, Martin, Breazeale, Hughie Fury, Kownacki, Takam

Below this level who really cares?

• Like 1

Seems fighters turning down substantial Josh offer are hexing themselves with Furys luck of the Irish circling the drain of borrowed time. Poor Kownacki gonna rue the day he turned down $5 Mil. Gonna be a hard field to plow back to offers like that.

No worse than Deoncey turning down Sperm's $8m to fight AJ, for a rematch with Stiverne for £2m.

I dunno.

All the main fights are listed on Boxrec as "P". Never saw that before, but I'm thinking that means "postponed."

Can't find any other info online just yet.

PENDING confirmation of the result.

Pretty big upset. Loved how it silenced the crowd and they exited in droves! :haha:

The Brooklyn Nets don't give up their home arena lightly for extraneous events but Kownacki is an adopted Brooklyn boy so the defeat was taken badly.

And you all forget - Fury was fighting since he took his first steps out of his pushchair (stroller). He has been brought up in a fighting family of honour and respect - win or lose.

Beyoncé or whatever his name is does NOT like fighting - you can see that from all the flinching and the grimacing, not just in the 2 Fury fights but from all his fights. Neither does AJ. They are not 'fighting men' as the traveler community would (correctly) label them.

Fury doesn't even know what he's going to do himself when he steps into the ring - no opponent can train for Fury. He can adapt his offence and defence as proceedings dictate as sure as if he was fighting a bare knuckle money and honour encounter down a country lane. He's not invincible and he IS beatable but he is a natural fighting man - as was Iron Mike - and I don't see many others in the HW division currently.