It's On! Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce, April 11 at the O2

Undefeated

Pretty lively kick-off presser this afternoon, both fighters engaging with one another, Dubois threatens to end the fight "in devestating fashion" promising that it won't go the distance, there was a bit of noise in the face-off too, a shove and Joyce's mum shouting "behave yourselves" not long after trying to wind Dubois up with her non-questions. They must have been briefed by Warren beforehand to sell it as best they can because...yep you guessed it, UK viewers will have to fork out as this domestic clash will be screened live and exclusively on BT Sport Box Office with ringside seats for attendees priced at £400.

Who you got? Dubois.JPG.728b672675bc69f34d6ff857319b6255.JPG

Cringeworthy stuff I have to really fast forward through any press conferences/stare downs that I actually bother to view. Just pure nonsense.

These two don't have a bad bone in their combined bodies, I don't think this attempt at beef will actually do much to generate more buys. This is a fight purely for the boxing fan, not any casuals who won't have heard of these. Sky / Matchroom and Eddie is the place for the casuals....

Anyway it's a great fight, quitre surprised it's been made. Joyce has more to lose, while Dubois can easily come again if he was to lose. But I actualy favour Dubois to bash the slow plodding Joyce up.

• Like 1

Cringeworthy stuff I have to really fast forward through any press conferences/stare downs that I actually bother to view. Just pure nonsense.

These two don't have a bad bone in their combined bodies, I don't think this attempt at beef will actually do much to generate more buys. This is a fight purely for the boxing fan, not any casuals who won't have heard of these. Sky / Matchroom and Eddie is the place for the casuals....

Anyway it's a great fight, quitre surprised it's been made. Joyce has more to lose, while Dubois can easily come again if he was to lose. But I actualy favour Dubois to bash the slow plodding Joyce up.

I agree, manufactured beef isn't what we pick from the menu, the two of em couldn't stop laughing, they like each other really but indeed when the bell rings we should be in for some great action. Like you I was initially surprised Team Joyce went for it but then I sit and think about what his other options are and I realise he had nowhere else to go, aging and going through trainers like there's no tomorrow I sense he's desperate to get that world title shot and DDD is ranked 3 in the WBO somehow :haha: so this is the fastest way there unless he signs with Matchroom.

As for 3D, he's got nowhere to go either but has more time on his hands so he could knock over a few more cans this year until he's mandatory but with the offer of headlining his first PPV now I guess a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush besides I don't think he's in any way concerned that he could lose to Joyce, he looks absolutely certain that he's gonna get the job done, despite coming off second best in sparring a few years ago.

Daniel's reply to Joyce's blind mum is causing some controversy: 'It's probably good that if you're going to be at ringside at the 02 you won't be able to see what I do to your son.'

OHHHH.... Damn, I watched a 3D interview this AM and they asked him about the comments and said 3Js mum took it as a tongue in cheek comment but they didn't specifiy the comments for us the viewers or mention that she was blind so I didn't know what the interviewer was on about.

Argggh, yeah that's not OK, anyone of us could go blind tomorrow and I'm sure we wouldn't be wanting to hear anyone making gags. All I can say is Joe's a better man than me, I would have went Chisora on his ass

OHHHH.... Damn, I watched a 3D interview this AM and they asked him about the comments and said 3Js mum took it as a tongue in cheek comment but they didn't specifiy the comments for us the viewers or mention that she was blind so I didn't know what the interviewer was on about.

Argggh, yeah that's not OK, anyone of us could go blind tomorrow and I'm sure we wouldn't be wanting to hear anyone making gags. All I can say is Joe's a better man than me, I would have went Chisora on his ass

Don't think he meant it maliciously, just not the quickest thinker when it comes to comeback banter. She was goading him about whether he'd turn up :)

Don't think he meant it maliciously, just not the quickest thinker when it comes to comeback banter. She was goading him about whether he'd turn up :)

I watched the whole presser, I heard the comments but they just didn't make sense to me (because I didn't know she was disabled) so I didn't worry about it, thought it was some inside joke or something, I even skipped past an interview with her earlier but I'll go find and watch it now I think.

And you right, she was goading him after Sam Jones got it started, I guess in the overall context it wasn't sooo terrible but still.. I hope 3D had a quiet word with her afterwards, would be nice if he clarified on camera too that he didn't mean any offence and that he's spoken to Joe's mum but maybe that's just me.

It's a very interesting fight.

Dubois getting better. He even seems to have gotten a little looser (Huge props to his S&C coach) but he's still too stiff to become elite.

Joyce has average hand speed but EXCELLENT footwork and overall defense. I just don't see Dubois landing anything significant. He's never faced a truly credible opponent before, and this may well be a humiliating illumination of his limitations.

- But I also think Joyce's power is laughably overrated. Lots of cherry picking & dives on his record, IMO. He still literally throws his right like a girl. (though his hook isn't bad.) I watch his fights when I need a good laugh.

I think Joyce will likely win via decision, if the fix isn't in.

Of course, the fix is SURELY in. - So I predict the official result will be the dubious one, via robbery decision.

I'd also give Dubious a 25% chance of winning via legit KO.

--------------

As for the presser: Who gives a fuk?

Edited by Cableaddict

As for the presser: Who gives a fuk?

Just manufacturing for the casuals isn't it. I've never liked or paid attention to them.

I always liked Dubois up to now as the quiet lad who does his talking in the ring. That CAN work for him, without the need to become another gobshite boxer.

Hopefully the quip regarding Joe's mother was purely tongue in cheek but that's not a good thing he's said there regardless.

DDD is too thick to be malicious - there was no malice in what was said - purely a faux-pas.

As for the fight I can see a very easy victory for DDD. KO mid term. Joyce, like many others, hasn't translated the Ama success into the pro ranks. He's 34 FFS! With only 10 fights under his belt.

DDD is too thick to be malicious - there was no malice in what was said - purely a faux-pas.

As for the fight I can see a very easy victory for DDD. KO mid term. Joyce, like many others, hasn't translated the Ama success into the pro ranks. He's 34 FFS! With only 10 fights under his belt.

Wow. I didn't realize Joyce. was quite so old. I wonder why he waited until 2017 to turn pro?

And yeah, when it comes to "the sharpest knife in the drawer," Dubious is a tablespoon.

Edited by Cableaddict

• 2 years later...