Special Poll: Fighter of the Decade (2010- 2019)

Undefeated

Special Poll: Fighter of the Decade (2010- 2019)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Special Poll: Fighter of the Decade (2010- 2019)

• Floyd Mayweather
    • Saul Alvarez
    • Manny Pacquiao

I've a good reason for polling you guys but in order not to risk influencing the results I'll post again after the poll closes on 31st January 2020. I'm very intrigued so please vote :thumb: Edited by Undefeated
Removed identifier from poll so you can vote anonymously

--- Already made my pick here:

https://roberto00.wordpress.com/2019/12/01/reviewing-the-2020-fighter-of-the-decademanny-pacquiao/

Didn't include Floydy because he quit in 2015 save for McG debut where he was actually beating on Floydy.

Id chose Canelo next, and speaking about McG, Floydy gone begging for him as McG been talking of Manny as Arum offers him a Craw/2 fight deal, one in the ring and one in the cage, so McG in the catbird seat.

If you two (Boz and LRR) cant see the logic of a man who has beaten the other two being the better man I fear for your sanity. Or maybe the white Eastern European and the white Texan are just racists....and dont want to see the truth.

I repeat - how can you be the man if you haven't beaten the man? Are you nuts as well as racists ?

Fuck boring-ass, set-up fighting Floyd.

And I can't vote for Manny as he's clearly a walking lab experiment at this point.

Both of those guys had their day, but those days are fading into mist.

Canelo is CLEARLY the man, post 2010.

I'd put Loma as a close second.

• Like 1

If you two (Boz and LRR) cant see the logic of a man who has beaten the other two being the better man I fear for your sanity. Or maybe the white Eastern European and the white Texan are just racists....and dont want to see the truth.

I repeat - how can you be the man if you haven't beaten the man? Are you nuts as well as racists ?

I think that logic is outdated. First of all-that Floyd-Manny fight was GARBAGE. And second: look at their resumes and the longevity as well! I won't argue with you if you gonna insult me. I'm almost starting to think someone has hacked Sel's account, what do you say LRR? :haha:

--- Pray tell us whenever Floydy became The Man?

When he beat your man Pacroid springs to mind.... :noidea:

And then when he beat your 2nd choice Clenelo....

I'll repeat - you CANT be the man if u aint beat the man. Are you both retarded as well as racist?

Good grief.....I don't even like the man, but it's clear as day Floyd has been mr boxing for pretty much the entire 21st century never minds just the last decade. Manny runs him a close second, but it's a no brainer.

No one comes close. Loma and Canelo will be the men for the decade 2015-2025 though.

Good grief.....I don't even like the man, but it's clear as day Floyd has been mr boxing for pretty much the entire 21st century never minds just the last decade. Manny runs him a close second, but it's a no brainer.

No one comes close. Loma and Canelo will be the men for the decade 2015-2025 though.

And that is the final word? LOL! YOUR OPINION MATE! :boxing29: Mr Boxing my ass. Nobody but Flomos liked his way of fighting since he became a welter.

And that is the final word? LOL! YOUR OPINION MATE! :boxing29: Mr Boxing my ass. Nobody but Flomos liked his way of fighting since he became a welter.

It is just an opinion yes, but my claim is kind of backed up by the fact he made all that money with PPV events, crossover to WWE and then these more recent novelty events which probably generated more than 99% of currently active top boxers purses. Oh and he beat everyone he faced including the next man in line for the fighter of the decade and the man people could actually put number 3 in that list also. :haha:

It is just an opinion yes, but my claim is kind of backed up by the fact he made all that money with PPV events, crossover to WWE and then these more recent novelty events which probably generated more than 99% of currently active top boxers purses. Oh and he beat everyone he faced including the next man in line for the fighter of the decade and the man people could actually put number 3 in that list also. :haha:

So, now MONEY is one of the main factors in judging a fighter's legacy??

OK, maybe this will help. Remember, it's not a Fighter of the Century or Fighter of the Year poll, but the decade specified.

Floyd Mayweather 10-0-0

FMJ.JPG.6e703d37b3fe38228aa5abadd87669fb.JPG

Saul Alvarez 23-1-1

499958363_Canelopt1.JPG.d75d2cc6e28a7a3891d291a11846218c.JPG1425011945_Canelopt3.thumb.JPG.ea3165a622be4f363aa3abcdc10a1030.JPG

Manny Pacquaio 12-4-0

1258369059_MannyPt1.JPG.2d03d715282f8b3b4d56f501c1695ba7.JPG 952243128_MannyPt2.thumb.JPG.f6c01b510f9f99f689a106ecacd55728.JPG

Perhaps I'll close the poll early and get on with it since we have a good few votes and I haven't added mine yet (because I'm having trouble deciding).

1124328519_Canelopt2.JPG.7df898e97e4f74858177def329ab7345.JPG

OK so I asked this the day I heard Shane Mosley say that Saul Alvarez should have won FOTD over Floyd Mayweather.

My immediate reaction was to call him a hater and switch off the video mid-sentence as I didn't see how it could not be Mayweather particularly as he beat Canelo. But then I realised I couldn't actually remember how much of the decade Floyd was fighting so I looked into it and he actually fought Berto in 2015 meaning he only fought for half the decade. So, with that in mind the question becomes, did he do more in 5 years than Canelo or Pacquiao did in 9?

For me that just cannot be the case, wins over Berto, Guerrero and Ortiz aren't enough for me to push aside a fighter who fought more than twice the number of fighters and beat the likes of Lara, Golovkin and Kovalev in what has been a fantastic decade for the Mexican.

I don't say there are any wrong answers to the question as it is all about opinions but looking at the objective data the hardest thing for me to see is how Pacquaio could get it so I agree with @Cableaddict on this one and I was too hasty to shoot down Mosley, in the end it seems I agree.

Thanks for your votes, it was great to hear everyone's point of view and arguments too.