WhoooHooo! Número Cinco

LondonRingRules

--- Thanks guys.

Got my 3 proof copies today, 2 being for my boys where I explain minor corrections in my dedication to them.

1. I pulled an all day between the Library and home working the front cover and forgot to include the ISBN # in the publication page though it's automatically printed on the back cover.

2. The bottom of the cover bleeds to white. Can't see that in the publication, so easy to correct artistically before jumping software hoops to get it installed. I may only need to message it, so we'll see.

3. Print is too light though still legible. Gonna darken entire text to maximum though I think this a printer error.

Overall the format held up, so other than a few grammatical errors. I anticipate releasing it to the big gun distributors within a few more days.

--- Good News is the librarians and public have all liked the cover and didn't object to the light print, so I was expecting a routine day of resubmitting a manuscript 99.99% indent oval to the original, and indeed that part smooth as as a hot toddy, but the last step is approving the Cover, and the cover wasn't there!

And the system wouldn't allow me to resubmit!

And I couldn't even order a copy of either nor a copy of my other books without getting a message that Lulu was down for maintenance, presumably a system crash!

Grrr, in a most foul mood walking home itching for a free range Pitbull to charge me for some fun, and Good News!

An elderly gent walking his Pug, a staple of the hood, stopped me for introductions that led to a long conversation on the sidewalk. Turns out he was a long retired reporter working out of Houston, New Orleans, and finally Austin.

Told me of his most deathly close Vietnam experience and the sudden loss of his wife that obvious did a number on him. So I was gratified to honor his Viet Nam service and cheer him up when I pulled out my proof copy to look at.

Library closed until Tuesday where I hope Lulu Travesties have been ironed out.

--- Grrrr, between the Word/Adobe software interface publications wars and my iPhone spellcheck spoofery on this site where I have no edit options...grrrr!

Dunno whether same bug or not (?) But if I turn my fone sideways tilt to Landscape view - I can then see both the "Edit" and "Quote" buttons that I dont see in Portrait orientation of fone :thumb:

Addendum: just ordered a copy thru PP.