Bud Crawford, Teofima Lopez, Vergil Ortiz this weekend

LondonRingRules

--- Soon to be SPOILERS- Bud Crawford has his work provided by an undefeated, unspellable EEuro and 22 yr old Teo Lopez matched tough vs Richard Commey, both at MSG this Saturday.

Virgil Ortiz a 21 Yr old fringe contender fights another fringe contender Friday for a decent weekend of boxing.

And this software interface won't allow me to correct my header...grrrr

https://fightnews.com/crawford-teofi...his-week/63580

Oh man, I can't WAIT for Lopez-Commey.

A lovely clash of styles, & a guaranteed entertaining fight.

I think Lopez is a future superstar, and this could be his coming out party. - But Commey'aint no slouch, despite his 2 losses. (IMO, he didn't actually lose to Easter, and Shakolov basically won because he's the toughest little SOB in that division) If he fights smart & fights tall, he has an excellent chance.

Lopez' one flaw is that he doesn't have the fastest feet, so getting past Commey's reach advantage will be tough. But Lopez has lightning fast hands, so will probably be looking to counter Commey all night, instead of attacking on the inside. (even though he does to the body really well.) And Lopez' excellent head slips will allow him to safely lure Commey in closer, even if on the back foot. Plus, Commey's one big flaw is that he sometimes throws wild looping punches, which then exposes his head for a split second, and again, Lopez has the hand speed to capitalize on this.

Edited by Cableaddict

As for Egidijus Kavaliauskas,

I really only know him from the Abreu fight, in which he looked great, but he sure hasn't faced anyone even close to Bud's level yet.

On a positive note, he's trained by Robert Garcia. So who knows......

- And DAYUM, does this kid need a nickname! ;-)

^ Yeah, it was a great fight!

Surprised to see Bud go toe-to-toe, but at the end of the day, now that he survived, it's good to see he can fight so well in the pocket.

Yet another level added to his very impressive game.

But that ref. Good lordy. Not just the "missed" KD. but the early stoppage. Same as it ever was ............