Dennis Hogan fighting Jermall Charlo 7 December

BoztheMadman

So, what do you think about this guy? Can he give Jermall a tough fight? He is the first fighter to give Munguia a tough fight, but that was at 154. He's not a puncher, another thing that speaks against him. He's based in Australia and the fight is in Brooklyn. I reckon Charlo will destroy him, but it may take a bit longer than usual for him. Hogan hasn't been stopped in 31 fights and only other loss for him was against Culcay, away in Germany. All of Jermall's stoppages have so far come within 7 rounds, most of them between 2 and 5.

I have to watch Hogan - Mungai before I can form a strong opinion.

On the surface, for a featherfist like Hogan to go 12 rounds with Mungai is impressive, so I'd suspect he might also be able to weather Charlo. - But Mungai is a dangerous tropical storm, whereas Charlo is a cat 5 hurricane.

I've always said, the only way to beat a devastating puncher is to come at him aggressively, with big power of your own.

If that's true, then Hogan has no chance at all.

--- Be still my bloating bladder!

Hoagie vs the Charlene sister in the hissy fit of the year! Given how bad Ms Charlene has looked this year and how nothing Hoagie looked, I'm thinkin' stinker city.

:rofl2:Stop it! I'm bursting! :lmao: I reckon it will hardly be a FOTY candidate...but Charlo may score a ko.

Both fighters coming in inside the 160lb limit and so we have a fight tomorrow night!

Great night of boxing tomorrow, no time clashes either so if you're in the USA you'll see both the DAZN and Showtime events and still be in bed at a decent time if you got work or church on Sunday.

Press conference and weigh in much more entertaining on the Showtime event too. Chris Eubank Jr had me in stitches and he never intended to either but he's so delusional it's hilarious. At the weigh-in face-off he said something to Korobov and Korobov looked SERIOUSLY concerned :laugh:

Looking forward to this one, see y'all back here on Sunday.

• Like 1

Jermall Charlo retains his WBC world heavyweight crown with a 7th round TKO victory over Dennis Hogan. Hogan, never previously stopped, was making his 160lb debut and it showed as he climbed off the canvas in the 4th follwing a stiff uppercut from the champion. I believe that was the 'Hitman's' first defence since Canelo was made franchise "champion" and so the two-weight champ maintains his unbeaten record and is STILL...

Also on the card Chris Eubank Jr made his US debut and came away with a second round TKO victory over Matt Korobov. It's not as it seems at first reading however, sadly after wining round one, Korobov managed to sustain a shoulder inury in the second. Referee Steve Willis remarkably stops the action, calls the doctor over and tells the timekeeper to give him 5 minutes despite the fact the injury came out of nowhere, a bit like what Burnett suffered to his back vs Donaire earlier this year. Eubank Jr went to the neutral and the medics huddled around Korobov, Willis went to explain to Eubank Jr that there was a possible shoulder dislocation and by the time he turned back around, Korobov was halfway back to the dressing room :haha: ref must have thought "thanks for letting me know".

So Chris Eubank Jr is now the interim WBA world middleweight champion, I didn't see his post-fight interview but when his arm was raised and he received the belt, it looked as if he was dissatisfied with the manner of the win and that's always good to see. I hope they can do the rematch when Korobov is healed up.