Eubank vs Korobov in December

BoztheMadman

This will be an interesting one. Both guys are 28-2 and need a big win. It's for the interim WBA title...middleweight! Korobov is 36, Eubank 30. Korobov is coming off a disputed draw against Aleem, where he originally was announced as the winner. I reckon this will be his last chance to win a world title. Eubank is the stronger and bigger man physically, but Korobov is maybe a better technician. Both guys can win. Who do you pick?
  • Like 1

Ah, the coveted WBA interim title ! :laugh:

But yeah, this IS a n interesting fight. Plus of course, the winner gets back into the big race.

I like Eubank in this one. I think he's a much better fighter than most give him credit for, but he's fought a few horrificly-bad game plans when he stepped up. He also has proven himself to have balls under pressure. In other words, I think he has the potential to be excellent, with the right training & the right corner.

Korobov, on the other hand, is exactly what you think: Extremely tough & durable, and reasonably-skilled, but never gonna' be A-level.

Gun to my head: Eubank via decision with 1 or 2 KD's along the way. (Unless his Dad is in the corner.)

Edited by Cableaddict

I watched but didn't score Korobov's last outing vs Aleem, was a good fight though and I also watched his fight before that which I did score and believe he should be world champion now based upon my observations that night of the Korobov performance.

Unfortunately for him Eubank Jr won't be giving him the kind of time and space Charlo afforded him and so I can't see the aging Korobov pulling it out.

Speaking of Charlo he'll be back against Hogan in December also, that's a bit more interesting to me given their respective last performances but December a great month all in all, I believe this fight is on the same night Ruiz Jr defends his world heavyweight title in Saudi Arabia so yeah roll on December!!

Ah, the coveted WBA interim title ! :laugh:

But yeah, this IS a n interesting fight. Plus of course, the winner gets back into the big race.

I like Eubank in this one. I think he's a much better fighter than most give him credit for, but he's fought a few horrificly-bad game plans when he stepped up. He also has proven himself to have balls under pressure. In other words, I think he has the potential to be excellent, with the right training & the right corner.

Korobov, on the other hand, is exactly what you think: Extremely tough & durable, and reasonably-skilled, but never gonna' be A-level.

Gun to my head: Eubank via decision with 1 or 2 KD's along the way. (Unless his Dad is in the corner.)

Yeah, I agree. He lost to Saunders because in the first 6 rounds he fought totally wrong and it took him too long to get into his rhythm. Once he did that, he started dominating. Groves fight was close and Groves was really first class, but Eubank wasn't in the right mindset. I think he came into the fight thinking he could just own Groves. It backfired badly.

Yeah, I agree. He lost to Saunders because in the first 6 rounds he fought totally wrong and it took him too long to get into his rhythm. Once he did that, he started dominating. Groves fight was close and Groves was really first class, but Eubank wasn't in the right mindset. I think he came into the fight thinking he could just own Groves. It backfired badly.

Exactly.

================

Speaking of Charlo he'll be back against Hogan in December also, that's a bit more interesting to me given their respective last performances...

Thx, I didn't know about this one.

I have to watch more of Hogan as he's not too much on my radar. I did see the Munguia fight, and I thought Hogan deserve the win in that one.

FWIW, though, I don't think there's a MW alive that can beat Jermall, on a typical night. He's easily in my top-ten of all active fighters, and probably top-five.

- And Hogan has a 5" reach disadvantage, against a fantastic outside puncher with excellent footwork, who rarely makes mistakes.

- And Hogan is pretty small for MW. Then again, maybe he's at that age when he naturally gets bigger, and will be ore powerful at 160, who knows?

Still, I see this as a fairly wide mis-match.

Edited by Cableaddict

This will be an interesting one. Both guys are 28-2 and need a big win. It's for the interim WBA title...middleweight! Korobov is 36, Eubank 30. Korobov is coming off a disputed draw against Aleem, where he originally was announced as the winner. I reckon this will be his last chance to win a world title. Eubank is the stronger and bigger man physically, but Korobov is maybe a better technician. Both guys can win. Who do you pick?

--- Kinda a crapshoot given Korobov age and unknown reasons of a period of downtime, but push come to shove I'd pick him. I doubt Eubank can KO him, and he sure can't outbox him, and I'd doubtful he's stronger. He took the Charlene fight on short notice in a div he vacated and most thought he won.

--- Kinda a crapshoot given Korobov age and unknown reasons of a period of downtime, but push come to shove I'd pick him. I doubt Eubank can KO him, and he sure can't outbox him, and I'd doubtful he's stronger. He took the Charlene fight on short notice in a div he vacated and most thought he won.

Maybe not that much stronger. But he has fought at 168 quite a lot. Korobov hasn't. I think this is a 50/50 fight.