Thomas Hauser Fetes Canelo

LondonRingRules

--- Hauser in the Canelo dressing room before and after the Kov fight describes the lead up and postmortem buffered by his round by round in between.

In short, Hauser stirring Gavvy's gravy with Canelo sure to roust up our resident critic at large from his recent lethargy.

https://www.ringtv.com/582860-canelo-alvarez-contemplating-greatness/

Nice try but I ceased to be a current boxing fan some time ago, and I literally watch no fights now except if it's Wilder/Fury/Joshua vs each other - I'm curious to see how that turns out.

But boxing has squandered its credibility in recent years: anyone who wants to be a pro can just buy a licence, it seems; failed drug tests(actual, proven ones) are simply dismissed without significant sanction or opprobrium; multi-millionaires continue to squabble over percentage points of squillion-dollar purses; new belts are minted every other week for some bullshit reason or other; the list goes on and on and on.

Perhaps you'll say "'Twas ever thus" and reel off a dozen examples from history. God knows I never claimed to be an expert, but I became a real boxing fan in the early 2000s, stayed up 'til dawn to watch everyone from Mike Tyson to Ivan Calderon, olympic and world championship boxing, and less than 20 years later I find myself clinging to the wreckage as idle curiosity has me awaiting the outcome of a round robin between a drug-cheat, a model and a cretin.

I might manage a tiny spark of enthusiasm, however, to say Thomas Hauser, Canelo Alvarez and WBs A, O and C can all go fuck themselves:tea:

Edited by gavpowell

Nice try but I ceased to be a current boxing fan some time ago, and I literally watch no fights now except if it's Wilder/Fury/Joshua vs each other - I'm curious to see how that turns out.

But boxing has squandered its credibility in recent years: anyone who wants to be a pro can just buy a licence, it seems; failed drug tests(actual, proven ones) are simply dismissed without significant sanction or opprobrium; multi-millionaires continue to squabble over percentage points of squillion-dollar purses; new belts are minted every other week for some bullshit reason or other; the list goes on and on and on.

Perhaps you'll say "'Twas ever thus" and reel off a dozen examples from history. God knows I never claimed to be an expert, but I became a real boxing fan in the early 2000s, stayed up 'til dawn to watch everyone from Mike Tyson to Ivan Calderon, olympic and world championship boxing, and less than 20 years later I find myself clinging to the wreckage as idle curiosity has me awaiting the outcome of a round robin between a drug-cheat, a model and a cretin.

I might manage a tiny spark of enthusiasm, however, to say Thomas Hauser, Canelo Alvarez and WBs A, O and C can all go fuck themselves:tea:

This was poetic Gav!!

I'm fast finding myself caring less and less also.