### SPOILERS! - Monster Inoue vs Nonito Donaire-WBSS ALI Trophy

LondonRingRules

Well, as you said Donaire's had two touches thus far, if Inoue tears something or twists something in the first round...... But of course barring anything like that Donaire will leave with a runners up medal which given the pre-tournament odds is a massive overachievement at this ripened stage of his career.

I like Donaire too and I wish him well, I hope he can at least make it until the second half of the fight but it's extremely unlikely if the Monster is firing on all cylinders.

Inoue KO/TKO by end of the 3rd.

• Like 1

--- Monster bang on at 118 and Nonito 117.5.

Has Monster ever been KDed before? I expect Nonito to go out on his shield in a firefight, may scoring a KD in the process.

Any Tech gurus to tell me what might be going on with my wordpress program. There was a ghost zer0 appearing that didn't show in my programming that I corrected anyway. The massive space between the text and photo doesn't show either, but I made like I corrected to no avail. Been ages since their software acted up that was solved by ditching Explorer and going with Google Chrome.

https://roberto00.wordpress.com/2019/11/06/monster-alertnaoya-inoue-vs-nonito-donairewbss-ali-trophy/

Much better fight than anticipated. Like many others, I thought Inoue would get to Donaire in the first half of the fight and take him out. Competitive and lively (even if not always thrilling) throughout. Got to have respect for the way Donaire gritted it out towards the end of the fight after being severely hurt to the body. With so much time left in that round and with how badly he was hurt, he showed incredible resilience to get through without getting stopped (I think he even buzzed Inoue with a sell-out left hook).

*****SPOILERS

Youve been alerted!

Inoue beats Donaire in what is called THE Fight of the year. Only seen the first rd that was 100% Inoue.

Lil bro Tukama lost his undercard to the Frenchman

You don't know how grateful I am. I came here to this thread earlier on forgetting that the fight was today, if not for your spoiler message I would have seen the result before the fight, I quickly backed up and now I just finished watching Naoya Inoue unify the titles and be the fourth man to lift the Muhammad Ali trophy. What a contest, massive props to the Philipino Flash, never in a million years did I think he would put in that kind of effort at this point especially after tasting some of the Jap's punches early on but Donaire looked massive and didn't have to do the check weight in the morning so that helped I'm sure.

Terrific contest, that's the most entertaining WBSS final so far and definitely a FOTY contender, one of the judges had it 117-109 for Inoue which was a bit odd, I can't work out what happened there unless Flores read it out wrong but anyway the decision was the right one, Donaire was brave and ambitious but Inoue maintains his position on the P4P list and hopefully he can fight Tete soon.

--- DAZN showed it live, but buried in KSI/Paul promo, so I saw and scored it today.

Here is the Joe Koizumi report that mirrors my own.

https://fightnews.com/inoue-donaire-full-report/60403

I did not see this as FOY like others anymore than Canelo/Kov, yet a very strategic fight by Monster who was clearly outsized. Great drama in the last few rds as Donaire really stepped it up only to end up on the canvas.

All credit to both for pre and post fight inbetween the higher order fight. A+ class. I was honored and humbled.

Definitely not FOTY, but clearly in the top ten, and it's been a VERY good year for boxing.

Some thoughts:

1: What a great way for Donaire to end it. Let's hope he DOES end it.

2: The absolute perfect fight for Inoue, in tems of development. Not only will he have gained valuable experience, but we also got to see him show an excellent chin, and surprisingly good defense / patience. It's incredibly exciting to have someone this good in the sport. He's now like Loma, except completely NOT like Loma, if you know what I mean.

3: While Inoue did show an excellent chin, I wouldn't get too overconfident if I was him. Donaire's hand speed has clearly diminished, which of course lessens his power. Inoue will eventually face someone who can end him with 1 punch, so he'd better keep working on protecting his right side. - But again, this fight will have shown him that.

4: That ref was clearly on the take. The betting odds must have heavily favored a Monster KO, of course) so the ref was instructed to make the fight go to the cards, in any way possible. Same old boxing ...... But who can really complain, THIS time?

Edited by Cableaddict

- -Dunno what the count was, like in seldom do viewers have a chance to listen to a count, and given I mute the broadcast for sanitys sake, the few x I might hear it becomes accidental as in the last count I heard in the Smith ko of poopkins when the video on the arena floor picked it up as it proceded to. 20.

Whether it was a long or short count is a seperate nebulous issue.

4: That ref was clearly on the take. The betting odds must have heavily favored a Monster KO, of course) so the ref was instructed to make the fight go to the cards, in any way possible. Same old boxing ...... But who can really complain, THIS time?

:laugh::laugh: Classic!!

I'm sure the ref would have been hacked up by those mobster bookies had Inoue landed a massive one that had Donaire unconscious before he even hit the mat.

Come on now Cable, not EVERY fight has to be rigged.

:laugh::laugh: Classic!!

I'm sure the ref would have been hacked up by those mobster bookies had Inoue landed a massive one that had Donaire unconscious before he even hit the mat.

Come on now Cable, not EVERY fight has to be rigged.

Did you not also see the ref literally Stop Inoue from attacking Donaire again, before Donaire took a knee?

- And yet he didn't start the count there, which was the only correct thing he did.

And I'm sorry London, but you can clearly hear the ref count at "4... 5..." so it's clear he reach ten with Donair down. Donaire wasn't even starting to get UP at ten.

In what fricking universe is all this normal?

You guya are so beyond naive at this point, I don't know if it's worth staying with this forum.

- -Told you I was on mute to abstain from the 99.6% commentator drivel and the count is a seperate issue.

At any rate, Arum had the papers ready for Monster to make his American debut this coming spring.

That will be dependent on whether he can successfully heal from his facial Fractures sustained during the fight.

https://fightnews.com/shocker-monster-inoue-suffers-eye-socket-fracture/60479