Canelo vs Kovolev-Who You Got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs Kovolev-Who You Got?

--- Big ouch for Kov as Ring "Experts" pick Canelo wide in a near shutout.

I think the fight is up for grabs absent officiating interference. Ring insiders?

https://www.ringtv.com/581908-fight-...ergey-kovalev/

I gotta' go with Canelo, by decision.

Team Alvarez would never have made this fight if they hadn't been able to fix everything in Canelo's favor.

Rooting for the Krusher, of course.

Comment

I got Canelo too, points or late stoppage but probably points. Although we've only seen Kov outpointed over the distance once before I think Canelo is a fantastic boxer, we saw this in the first GGG fight particularly and of course many other times before that.

Kov will be relieved of his title on Saturday of this I'm pretty confident.

Comment

--- With the opening 4-1 odds, betting on Canelo earns you 250 profit on $1000.

Betting on Kov = $4000.

Tough choice for the big players when Canelo could get KOed easier than vice versa. Guess the BigBoys see a decision .

Comment

Are there weight stipulations attached to this? Kov's much bigger and taller. However I rarely bet against the house fighter so Canelo by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
            --- With the opening 4-1 odds, betting on Canelo earns you 250 profit on $1000.

Betting on Kov = $4000..
            Canelo is 1/4 not 4/1. Although you got your math correct....

The majority of the market has actually bet on Kov according to Oddschecker's pie chart. Mainly because it represents excellent value, you rarely see a fighter with such long odds in a "2-horse race."

Comment

--- Reported as a full 175 lb match with no restrictions.

Canelo weight was fun while it lasted to keep all the rubes roiling while serving to keep Canelo in fine tune for the expected 154 lb Floyd rematch that never materialized.

Comment

How come Canelo is the number 1 ranked contender at 175lb in the WBO rankings? Are the IBF the only organisation that doesn't play silly buggers?

Click image for larger version

Name:	WBO.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	964169

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
                  How come Canelo is the number 1 ranked contender at 175lb in the WBO rankings? Are the IBF the only organisation that doesn't play silly buggers?
                  For the same ridiculous reason as Usyk was ranked No1 before he had even fought professionally at HW - Clenelo's moved up a weight division (or two). Them's is their rulez...

Comment

I see it as being pretty close and competitive, but Canelo's speed and reflexes will give him a victory, deserved or not, remains to be seen. Kov will likely land some good clean shots which will hurt Canelo but will be unable to follow up properly, due to his slower reflexes and size, and Canelo's defensive skills. There is a chance, I can see it, that Kov pulls off a win but then he has to either put Canelo down twice or get him out of there. It will be a cracker, I think.

Comment

Krusher is no more, hence the Eleider Alvarez stoppage loss. He's not the destroyer that I witnessed, from ringside, all those years ago. Wealth and vodka have taken their toll. He's there for the picking, so the Hyenas are going in.
                      He's gotta have trained hard and get the power off early and he can win. But, Canelo is likely to take over after the midway point.

Comment

--- Kov may actually be better now that he's training steadily.

At any rate, he was a quarter over to quickly return bang on 175. Canelo was 174.5.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41083342-4

Comment

Both gotta be 185lbs or less 8AM fight morning.

Comment

Wonder what kinda mix Canelo uses to get there in terms of weight and muscle size.

Comment

do you hear or have any article regarding a weight clause about Kovalev cannot be with more than 185lbs??

Comment

Working...
                              X