One to watch: Arslanbek Makhmudov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One to watch: Arslanbek Makhmudov

A heavyweight from Russia, he is facing Sam Peter next, in December. Stands almost 6'6, 9-0 with all ko's, hasn't fought anybody yet but I trust after he takes care of Nigerian Nightmare, he will start facing better opponents.

Yep. Good shout, Boz.

This guy has been on my watch-list for a while now.

HUGE power, reasonable hand speed for his size, and he throws massive combos when his opponent is hurt. - But hes also pretty calm and patient. Nicely varied offense, including a deadly right-uppercut. He also has very solid defense, via a typical Euro earmuffs stance.

In 2015 he looked sloppy and lunged in a lot, but by 2018 he was showing very nice defensive footwork and head movement. That suggests that he has a good trainer, and is motivated to train properly.

Sadly, he's already 30 y-o, but as you say the Peter fight should bring him good exposure. Also, since his major thing is power, and since he doesn't waste a lot of energy in the ring, he could reasonably be a major force for at least 8 more years.
    Last edited by Cableaddict; 10-22-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cableaddict View Post
      Yep. Good shout, Boz.

This guy has been on my watch-list for a while now.

HUGE power, reasonable hand speed for his size, and he throws massive combos when his opponent is hurt. - But hes also pretty calm and patient. Nicely varied offense, including a deadly right-uppercut. He also has very solid defense, via a typical Euro earmuffs stance.

In 2015 he looked sloppy and lunged in a lot, but by 2018 he was showing very nice defensive footwork and head movement. That suggests that he has a good trainer, and is motivated to train properly.

Sadly, he's already 30 y-o, but as you say the Peter fight should bring him good exposure. Also, since his major thing is power, and since he doesn't waste a lot of energy in the ring, he could reasonably be a major force for at least 8 more years.
      Yeah, he does have pretty fast hands for his size. And an unusual stance. I hope he gets to fight at least one top fighter, he should too.

Comment

Working...
      X