This Saturday: Martin Bakole Llunga vs Kingpin!

Cableaddict

Yowsa.

I'm a huge fan of Llunga, who is of course the brother of hard-hitting CW Junior Makabu.

No shame in his one loss to Michael Hunter, as Hunter is a top-level fighter himself.

OK, so Johnson is FAR from prime at this point, but he's still very clever, hard to put down, and a great test for a rising star like Llunga. I expect a KO victory, but I'm curious to see how well Llunga looks, overall, when facing such a cagey opponent.

Certainly not FOTY material, but not a fight to miss, IMO.

Edited by Cableaddict

Dammit I thought this was tonight for some reason so was looking for the undercard stream then had to check 'Boxing on TV' to see it's tomorrow night, the card is decent, it's better than the Warrington vs Tackoucht card though that one was good too.

I'm expecting Kingpin to go the distance, I thought he could have went longer vs AJ, the ref was too jumpy that night for my liking but this one's over 8 too, can't see KJ going anywhere in that time against Bakolie if I'm honest.

Anyway, the main event is what I wanna see (better spell it out as the backdrop of the press conference contradicted the seating plan), Cheeseman vs Fitzgerald, what a fight that should be, I like Cheeseman, Fitzgerald I only really noticed after he beat Fowler but seems a good chap and looking forward to seeing him in action tom. night.

Sweet!

Sadly, it's impossible to find video footage of this fight. You would think there'd at least be cell-phone footage on YouTube, but no.

Well, quite a statement from Bakole. (And it makes Michael Hunter look even better, as well.)

Bakole has been one of my favorite HW prospects for some time now. I'm definitely enjoying this ride....

:rofl2:

Ask and ye shall be given.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7mwdr9

Thanks!

Sadly, those commentators were clueless. They need to find a different sport, as they know nothing about boxing.

Ask and ye shall be given.

Not massively impressed to be honest but he got he job done.

Really?

I was. Bakole showed a deadly, fast jab, excellent patience (as always) & a varied attack. Balance, good defense (including his typical excellent head slips), etc etc, etc.

Bskole isn't flashy, he fights more like a prime Golovkin, slow, deliberate stalking with tremendous-but-subtle defense on the inside, and he gets the job done. Look at how well he controlled the ring in round 4. Look at how he often started a jab then switch to a hook, the way Wlad used to.

Count how many times Johnson landed flush. (You only need one hand)

What exactly is not mpressive?

He only lost to Hunter because his shoulder was injured. Plus, Hunter is a very good fighter as well.

Edited by Cableaddict