Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SPOILERS] Josh Warrington vs Sofiane Takoucht

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [SPOILERS] Josh Warrington vs Sofiane Takoucht

    He just seems to get better with each fight. He just walked through Takoucht and blew him away in with his power something you don't really associate with Warrington considering he only has 7 KO's in 30 fights.

    Who's next for The Leeds Warrior?

  • #2
    I like Warrington, I'll admit I didn't have faith in him when he fought Selby and then Frampton but for me he's proven now. Is he the best featherweight in the world? He might just be.

    Good performance and what an atmosphere though eh? I wasn't even there but the noise was tremendous as usual, I like to see the world champion defend the title around the world but from a financial point of view he can't really leave West Yorks can he.

    Not sure if Takoucht was mandatory or not but if he was then he should be free for a bit now though looking at the top 15 only Michael Conlon seems to be an exciting fight for JW, unless he rematches Frampton who's at no.11 in the rankings. If he wants to unify there's only one man he can do that with at the moment but he might not be at 126 much longer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
      I like Warrington, I'll admit I didn't have faith in him when he fought Selby and then Frampton
      You're not the only one. I didn't think he'd win both those fights but he's proved a lot of doubters wrong.

      Comment


      • #4
        The Leeds 'Warrior' (lol) bravely called out Xu Can 3 times during his post-fight interview. Strangely not LSC or Russell Jr.....

        And again called Xu out on Talksport this morning on the Alan Brazil breakfast show. He also said he wants to continue fighting out of Leeds and although he had ambition to fight Stateside last year is not interested in doing so any more.

        No ambition.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by selij View Post
          The Leeds 'Warrior' (lol) bravely called out Xu Can 3 times during his post-fight interview. Strangely not LSC or Russell Jr.....

          And again called Xu out on Talksport this morning on the Alan Brazil breakfast show. He also said he wants to continue fighting out of Leeds and although he had ambition to fight Stateside last year is not interested in doing so any more.

          No ambition.
          Funny how he didn't mind fighting abroad after the fight.......the difference a day makes. I guess his promoter, Frank Warren has said otherwise.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by the_budweiser View Post
            Funny how he didn't mind fighting abroad after the fight.......the difference a day makes. I guess his promoter, Frank Warren has said otherwise.
            For sure. Unless JW was going to appear on someone else's undercard Stateside then the show is going to lose money outside the UK because who is going to go and watch him headline in New York against Can (whom I previously forgot about, I guess he could unify with him if we can call it unifying though perhaps he'll be elevated soon)?

            Comment


            • #7
              Warren learning the Hearn lesson of letting AJ go to MSG in front of a handful of New York socialites, second rate rap artists and B-list actors not interested in boxing; instead of letting him be in front of 90,000+ fanatics at Wembley.

              Probably wiser to let the average Warrington box in front of a stadium full of sycophantic Leeds football hooligans.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hearn has learnt his lesson too, evidenced by bringing in Witherspoon to take on Usyk last minute when Dawejko was ready and apparently signed first (and I don't criticise him either, last thing he needs is Usyk coming unstuck before we see what happens on Dec 7).

                Comment


                • #9
                  ---Maybe saving Joey for Usyk next US fight?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X