***SPOILER-IBF- Golovkin-Sergiy

LondonRingRules

--- Potentially a tremendous fight this Saturday, we've got Ol'Lions Golovkin vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko.

Jes click for the weighin where both made wt. Ukrainian teammates, Sergiy also is 1-1 vs Usyk with a reported 390-20 AMA career according to fat Dan.

Under the radar upset?

https://fightnews.com/golovkin-derevyanchenko-make-weight/56916

Its not under the radar, apart from the sycophantic casuals - GGG is marking up terribly and I will be surprised if he survives this. Let alone wins it.

Also surprising is there has been absolutely zilch pre-fight hype for a GGG fight - I have never known this to be the case - there's always a couple of 24/7 or Countdown type shows and a Face to Face - not so this time. Maybe the networks have written him off like I have too (?)

Or maybe the GGG camp don't want you to see how bruised he is from sparring (?)

Good luck to him, I'm not a hater, and wouldn't be surprised if he even wins. Although if he does he will (sadly) be pushing for a Clenelo III. Great fight for the neutrals like me.

Don't be so quick to write off Golovkin.

Sure, he's faded a little since his prime, but not THAT much. And he has massive high-level pro experience, whereas Sergiy does not.

Sergiy does have excellent defense, though. I have a feeling this is going to be an exciting, but controlled bout, with a lot of roughhousing on the inside.

And I think it will go to the cards, with Golovkin probably taking it by a few points.

Edited by Cableaddict

I thought Derevyanchenko pulled it out but can't complain about the cards, some of the rounds were close and I only had a point in it myself. Was a good fight, 3rd horrific big fight slash in almost (?) as many weeks (can't remember when Fury fought now) but they were all allowed to continue so I take back some of my comments about bias when Fury fought Wallin (although in the other two fights the ref was at least consulted more than once).

Unfortunate for Derevyanchenko, he could have got it but wasn't to be again. He looked an absolute mess at the end though

--- Here are the scorecards. I couldn't score the fight due to DAZN in permanent reboot and fast forward.

If nothing else this an example of the modern 10-8 KD rule where GGG scored a 1st rd flash KD as they warmed into the fight. I otherwise had Serg winning the rd handily ripping good combos.

Oh, and this the official summary of the judges cards. Boxing dare not expose the Mickey Mousery of the judges cards where their errors would invite howls of derision.

https://fightnews.com/golovkin-derevyanchenko-scorecard/57104

--- Here are the scorecards. I couldn't score the fight due to DAZN in permanent reboot and fast forward.[/url]

Oh, I was watching just now, watched an uploaded video taken from DAZN and had to find an alternative broadcast less than 2 mins into the first round because of the choppy coverage, I thought it was the uploaders issue. I am in the UK so don't have DAZN live but is this coverage issue a recurring thing? At $19.99 per month I'd expect the best, how do they look after you when the streaming quality hasn't been as advertised?

What a good night of boxing. I had a blast. The arena was electric for the main event. I had it close, 1 point in either direction. 6 rounds a piece, and the knockdown was the difference. Had a couple close rounds, so my score could swing when i watch the broadcast. Was able to chat with a few boxers before and afterwards. Got Glowacki and Ivan Baranchyk to sign gloves for me. Chatted with Boo Boo, Big Baby, boxing photographer Ed Mulholland, Dan Cannobio, Dan Rafael, Steve Kim, etc. Ate too much popcorn.

---Undefeated, I don't have the fleeting quote/edit function at this moment, but I only pay $10/month for DAZN.

Their it broadcast quality peaked for Josh/Andy, but in decline since.

rewatched a Russian broadcast in perfect clarity, and giving GGG my 2 even rds, I had Derev 116-112. If Canelo prevails against Kov, I suspect he'd jump to clean out GGG for the rubber, but prob at a 166 catchwt for his title at supermid. All speculation mind you.

What would gavvy say?

why the fight was so close? Derevyanchenko was good>> GGG age???

GGG still the same, it was always going to be harder when he stepped up, hence why since 2017 he's looked beatable.

Edited by Cableaddict

The KD came from a flurry of 4-5 rabbit punches - highly dangerous and given what has happened in recent months with deaths in our sport GGG should have been DQ'd. Derev flagged up the rabbit punches again during post fight interview. But was gracious in defeat.

Well, I'm thrilled that my prediction was correct.

- Except it wasn't, because Sergiy definitely won that fight. Same old bullshit ..........

And Harvey Dock made me want to throw a brick at my screen. First, when he called a head butt that never happened,.

- but then also at the end of round ten, when he inexplicably stopped the round 2 seconds early, at the exact time Golovkin looked like he was about to win by KO! He had Derevychenko badly hurt, with 2 flush punches, Sergiy's hands were down, and Golovkin was about to tee off again, in perfect position.

- And then Harvey jumped in and called the round. Someone please explain that to me.

My guess is that Team Technician paid off the ref, but forgot to pay the judges.

Tricky business, this boxing!

Edited by Cableaddict

GGG still the same, it was always going to be harder when he stepped up, hence why since 2017 he's looked beatable.

No, he's not. His reflexes are notably slower. That's why he doesn't take advantage of every little opening, the way he used to in his prime.

No, he's not. His reflexes are notably slower. That's why he doesn't take advantage of every little opening, the way he used to in his prime.

So he aged suddenly in 2017, which coincidentally coincided with time he started fighting world class opposition,, nothing whatsoever to do with him fighting better calibre opposition at all......

--- Layton, he settle the middlewt title KO streak that may never be broken.

All things come to an end as his did, but he still KDed Jacobs early to send him fleeing the rest of that bout and KDed Derev early and could've got the KO call on that eye. Hagler was 33 when he retired much unhappier than the 37 yr old Golovkin who may well be 39 by the end of his DAZN contract.

I don't fault him making his $$$ late in his career nor do fans even if he's a little off now and dings up easier and I think I speak for most fans.