It's Fight Week!! Errol Spence Jr vs Shawn Porter

Undefeated

Five days to go before the biggest welterweight clash of 2019 takes place. Undefeated IBF World Champion Errol Spence Jr will collide with the WBC World Champion Shawn Porter in Los Angeles live on FOX PPV in the US and Sky Sports in the UK.

Both fighters threaten to stop the other though neither have been stopped before, Porter seems fired up and focused, Spence Jr is the bookies' favourite, PBC and FOX are trying to claim that the winner will face Pacquiao for the undisputed title, of course we know that's nonsense as the winner of that fight would then need to see Terence Crawford before any claim of undisputed could me legitimately made though that seems unlikely at the moment.

Anyway, let's stay on track, Spence Jr vs Porter is the fight this weekend, who you got and how?

I've heard some say this isn't PPV worthy :lol:if this isn't PPV worthy then what is? I'm looking forward to this more than I am Canelo vs Kovalev in Nov, this is a great matchup and I cannot wait. Usually I catch these fights on Sunday morning/afternoon but I might have to stay up for this one, starts at 2am here in the UK so maybe an afternoon nap will be needed.

Check back later for weigh in and press conference details.

I'm not sure if I will be able to edit the header of this thread later so just know that it might go to spoilers without warning on Sat night/Sun morn

--- My edit function flits in and out like faeries of yore.

Easy to take Spence as the silky A side, but what most don't know is that Porter is the naturally bigger, stronger fighter, fighting Usyk and Jacobs in the amas. Also Manny's long time sparring partner, so Spence gots a real fight to see thru.

Prob a bit ugly from a sniffy purist POV, me thinks the Rockem-sockem action will be old school fan friendly.

• Like 1

--- My edit function flits in and out like faeries of yore.

Easy to take Spence as the silky A side, but what most don't know is that Porter is the naturally bigger, stronger fighter, fighting Usyk and Jacobs in the amas. Also Manny's long time sparring partner, so Spence gots a real fight to see thru.

Prob a bit ugly from a sniffy purist POV, me thinks the Rockem-sockem action will be old school fan friendly.

Oh maybe you can edit the header then, I thought I could edit my own stuff at least but seems there's no option to do so, I just looked.

Anyway yes, Brook was Spence Jr's toughest fight so far but I'm expecting Porter to be even more of a problem for him on Sat, Spence Jr will have to go to hell and back, Porter ain't gonna try the Ugas tactics, we're gonna see the old Porter though I don't think he'll approach it like he did the Malignaggi fight but more like he did Brook. I thought he beat Brook, I was surprised to find out afterwards that I was in the minority on that too.

I might actually throw something down on Porter pulling it out if the price is right, I'll have to take a look at the weigh in first and then the odds but I'm seriously tempted. Spence Jr didn't look too comfortable in there with Brook and he's a bit too cocky nowadays for my liking, can't deny he's a solid fighter though.

--- more grrrrs- David Benevidez means to blast him a new one. Snooze on this kid at yer own risk.

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/835591

What was the intended URL? To DB's boxrec? We all know he's gonna get Dirrell up outta there, but is he the best in the division?

--- The grrrr over the clunky nature of this software.

Benevidez could well be boxings next superstar if his discipline holds.

Not a betting man much less than against Spence who has yet to face a 50-50 opponent. And yeah, thought Brook bricked it for his American debut, but back then there was a bigger upside that he never fulfilled campared to the scrappy Porter trained by his dad. This Porters biggest chance to crack into the bigtime, so that kind of hunger factor has always proven problematic for the favorite.

--- more grrrrs- David Benevidez means to blast him a new one. Snooze on this kid at yer own risk.

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/835591

Yowsa!

A wise man once wrote, "David Benavidez may well be the best fighter in the sport today."

I'm not sure that wise man would say the same thing today, but that's only because Loma & Jacobs have burned such brilliant paths to their current records, while Benavidez has not had the primo fights we'd hoped to see.

Well, this fight will certainly put him back in the spotlight, should he win convincingly.

------------

As for Spence-Porter, what can you say?

Porter always a live dog, and possibly the perfect style to have a chance against Spence. Both men love to steamroll forward with massive pressure. Safe to say Spence's defense is better, and Spence probably hits harder, so of course he has the edge, but BOY HOWDY !

--- Ring "experts" pick Spence 20-1.

My ol Bud John Scully the only one picking Porter.

https://www.ringtv.com/578092-fights-picks-errol-spence-vs-shawn-porter/

No doubt Spence Jr is favourite but 20-1 is ridiculous :noidea:, even if he does win he'll know he was in a fight. I don't understand why Porter is being so heavily written off, he needs this and is gonna throw the kitchen sink at him.

If Porter wins it's not an upset.

Fill your boots with all the pre-fight broadcasts - watch online or download for later (no rars). Single click the links :thumb:

PBC Face to Face - Errol Spence Jr vs Shawn Porter

9e3dc71320107459.jpg 6bcd581320107467.jpg

PBC Fight Camp - Episode 1

04e9951320109835.jpg387aa71320109819.jpg

a41ed51320114712.jpg 2ec37d1320114726.jpg

a41ed51320115664.jpg f750bd1320115695.jpg

a41ed51320116800.jpg de29631320116814.jpg

Their last fights:

Errol Spence Jr's last fight - the complete demolition of Mikey - 720p HD

8f695c1320112895.jpg

dde0ab1320113645.jpg

• Like 1

Will Jack Reiss be up to to task of the ring action this promises?

There's no one better for this job.

Just thought I'd mention Lopez vs Molina Jr too, that should be a good scrap, the main event card is PPV worthy, glad it's free for us as I might be staying up to watch live, we'll see.

I rewatched Porter-Garcia, and 2 things jumped out at me:

1: That style of Shawn Porter wastes and incredible amount of energy on defensive footwork. When you pair that with Spence's typically reserved movement, it spells a very rough time for Porter if the fight goes past 7-8 rounds, no matter what kind of shape he's in.

2: Porter got hit with way too many flush OH rights from Garcia. (Probably because he was concentrating on negating Garcia's hook. Image if that was Spence, who's much stronger than Swifty?

- But Porter has a huge reach disadvantage, so he's going to have to fight inside, where he'll again occasionally drop his left guard. Otherwise, he have to play it safe, and we'll see a repeat of Spence vs Mikey.

Edited by Cableaddict
  • Like 1

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Topk a late rd KD to seal the deal for Spence to earn a split with Porter.

BOOOOO-Danny Garcia gonna be his next knockout victim.

https://fightnews.com/spence-edges-porter-to-unify-ibf-wbc-welter-titles/56238

Bullshit LRR - did you watch it ?

FOTY, poss FOT Decade. Even Porter shook his head when the middle judge gave the fight to him. It was UD regardless of the late KD.

35b61d1321112129.jpg 0d26d11321112132.jpg b25f1e1321112135.jpg 90e1921321112138.jpg