Was it worth PPV in the end? Favourite fight of the night?

Jorge Linares KO 10 Kevin Mitchell

Lee Selby TD 8 Evgeny Gradovich

Dave Ryan TKO 9 John Wayne Hibbert

Scott Cardle UD 12 Craig Evans

Kell Brook TKO 6 Frankie Gavin

Nick Blackwell TKO 7 John Ryder

Anthony Joshua TKO 2 Kevin Johnson

Nathan Cleverly KO 1 Tomas Man 172

Results from Boxrec.

Was it worth PPV in the end? Favourite fight of the night?

Re: Was it worth PPV in the end? Favourite fight of the night?

I really enjoyed the boxing tonight, there was some good match-ups. Couple debatable ref stoppages. The only fight that let us down was Cleverly - what a waste of air time. Matchroom could of showed other prospects or gave us a better opponent. Selby was fantastic (need to see cut again), really enjoyed Selby's performance. Cleverly was irrelevant. Linares made Mitchell look like the elephant man. Joshua was devastating and made a statement. Gavin vs Brook was always going to be in Brook's favour. Some good domestic fights.

Not a PPV for me but better than other PPV's we have had in recent times from Sky. I hope they kick on from here and provide the fans with worthy PPV's as the shit we have had recently has been poor but a C+/B for tonight.

I live in the US, so can't comment on the Pay Per View. How expensive was it?

It probably outdid most recent Pay Per Views in the US, due to the depth on the undercard (Linares-Mitchell, Selby-Gradovich, Cardle-Evans all saw some great action... as well as Hibbert-Ryan but I missed that fight), plus, appearances by popular fighters in Joshua and Cleverly probably worked to it's benefit even if those were mismatches.

The main event was a mismatch as well, making that depth especially crucial. If that were Brook-Khan, or another fight in which we would see some two-way action, this may have been one of the best shows of the year.

My favorite fight was Linares-Mitchell. Kevin put up a tremendous effort in defeat and Jorge Linares performed great after a rocky start to retain his title. Certainly can't underestimate a good British domestic tilt in Cardle-Evans or Selby's title win. From the sound of it, Dave Ryan also held strong and came from behind to stop Hibbert, so, while I haven't seen it, that fight must have been pretty good as well.

I live in the US, so can't comment on the Pay Per View. How expensive was it?

Not 100% on this ones price. But generally PPV's here are about £14.95 ($23) and go up to just under £20 the closer it gets to fight night.

The first fight was a real cracker of a fight. Had everything. Fight of the year contender for sure. As for drama you cannot look past AJ. Boy that lad will go far. He is in my view the brock lesnar of boxing. Who do you put him up against now??

AJ is in my view the brock lesnar of boxing. Who do you put him up against now??

Someone equally hungry for success: David Price maybe? Alexander Ustinov? Maybe get him a crack at the English heavyweight title? It's McDermott so he'll learn nothing but pick up a title and advance towards a British shot.

Or a southpaw - Charr's a lefty isn't he?

Even Chisora wouldn't be too bad, though I think ideally someone who moves around the ring a lot, is a little elusive and awkward. Malik Scott maybe?

Edited by gavpowell

was worth £17.50, about $35 to the us members, Brook vs Gavin was awful and so was Joshua vs Johnson, the rest of the fight were decent match ups and you cant ask for more than that, shame the headliner was a one sided beatdown as everyone expected

Not 100% on this ones price. But generally PPV's here are about £14.95 ($23) and go up to just under £20 the closer it gets to fight night.

In the US, most Pay Per Views have gone for about twice that over the years, and recent hikes have seen lesser events (such as Pacquiao-Algieri, Cotto-Martinez, Mayweather-Maidana II to name some) go for $70/$60 (£40-45) depending on if you want high definition or not. Quite expensive, and with only four bouts shown (two of which being complete mismatches, as usual).

For all of the fights I mentioned, plus Ryder-Blackwell which completely slipped my mind, this was a relative bargain. If the undercard matters to you, and Kell Brook offers enough star-power to your liking, I couldn't really complain about that deal.