Nigel Benn slated to face former WBC champion in late 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post

But I opened the link you gave earlier to epicentre and it says it's £14.95 and we're the only ones using the pound unless it's a typo perhaps?

Like I said its maybe the case that epicentre have thrown subscription open to the world (?) - I know at one time it was exclusive to Australasia only.

Comment

Originally posted by BoztheMadman View Post

Gavin deliberately ignoring me.
      Eh? We were talking about completely different things - there's no post from you in this thread talking about Steve Ward that I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by gavpowell View Post
        Eh? We were talking about completely different things - there's no post from you in this thread talking about Steve Ward that I can see.
        Lol, fair enuff. Was just trying to get your attention, winding you up.

Comment

Originally posted by BoztheMadman View Post

Lol, fair enuff. Was just trying to get your attention, winding you up.
          If you want my attention you need only butcher some spelling or send me a message - I'm a very simple man

Comment

20 plus years since his last fight and he's fighting Sakio Bika! Wow. Bika hasn't fought for two years but was at a high level when he stopped.

George Foreman was away for 10 years, then faced opponents from the very bottom of US Heavyweights. For Benn, to comeback against someone like Bika is insanity. Sakio is rugged, tough, crude and dirty - Benn is going to be in for a torrid time. BIBA are a joke sanctioning this.

Comment

Originally posted by gavpowell View Post

If you want my attention you need only butcher some spelling or send me a message - I'm a very simple man
              Fair enuff.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
                20 plus years since his last fight and he's fighting Sakio Bika! Wow. Bika hasn't fought for two years but was at a high level when he stopped.

George Foreman was away for 10 years, then faced opponents from the very bottom of US Heavyweights. For Benn, to comeback against someone like Bika is insanity. Sakio is rugged, tough, crude and dirty - Benn is going to be in for a torrid time. BIBA are a joke sanctioning this.
                Yep...just another crazy impulse from an old legend. Much like with Bruno, but thankfully, he was not allowed to do it.

Comment

This might just be suicide

Comment

I keep waiting for this to be called off. I've got 2 opinions. Firstly, it's legit and Benn gets a horrible pasting. Secondly, it's a fix and Bika is in on it.

Comment

Nigel Benn's last manager has posted that Nigel had a bleed on the brain, after the last Collins fight. This is now public knowledge. BIBA keep claiming to be safer than the BBBoC, so I'd expect them to not sanction this. Won't happen, as they smell pound signs. On another note, Benn and Bika are gym buddies in Australia, so I doubt it'll be a proper fight - just an exhibition to make them both some money.

Comment

- -I gather that means Nigel been sparring for these numbers of years that has boosted his confidence with no damage.

Yeah, I've long suspected half the 20 odd Langford/Wills fights to be spars given their longstanding friendship.

Undefeated joe Mesi was denied a license back when and had to move to the backwaters for his last half dozen fights.

Comment

It's been called off due to a Benn shoulder injury, thank God.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
                            It's been called off due to a Benn shoulder injury, thank God.
                            I heard Craig Richards was beating his a55 in sparring (which of course if true isn't anything unexpected at this stage since Richards is young, strong and in his prime and Benn is 23 years past it) but anyway I saw his video explaining that he was injured, some are saying he pulled the fight because it wasn't selling, whichever is true the decision to maintain his retirement is ultimately the right one, I'm sure the tragic loss of Patrick Day recently has helped him come to his senses also.

Never been so happy to hear someone got injured.

Comment

Working...
                            X