Nigel Benn slated to face former WBC champion in late 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel Benn slated to face former WBC champion in late 2019

British boxing legend Nigel Benn is preparing for a comeback fight in late 2019.

Benn’s son Conor, an undefeated welterweight in his own right, confirmed the planned ring return.

“It’s guaranteed he’s definitely fighting again,” Conor told World Boxing News. “One hundred million percent. Contracts have been signed.

Thoughts?
    British boxing legend Nigel Benn is preparing for a comeback fight in late 2019, according to World Boxing News. The ‘Dark Destroyer’ is 55 years old and British boxing legend Nigel Benn is preparing for a comeback fight in late 2019, according to World Boxing News.

Please tell me this is a joke.

Comment

Is this a windup?

Comment

Well if he's 'fighting' a former WBC champion it cant be Eubank. Like Calslappy - Eubank only ever coveted the WBO strap and also very similarly was afraid to go stateside.

Its well known that Benn is potless and lost all his £ to some very serious London gangsters he thought it was 'cool' to rub shoulders with. But this comeback is madness and is something I do not want to witness.

Comment

Some crazy shit going on...lol. Either Benn has a mental illness or he is in SERIOUS need of cash!

Comment

--- Benn threatening for years.

Comment

It's no surprise he's coming back it's been muted for a couple of years now. I don't think it will be against Eubank but the fact contracts have been signed it shouldn't be too long before an official announcment is made.

Comment

If anyone should know how dangerous this sport can be, under the wrong circumstances...

Jeez.

Comment

--- When he was hard at it for Eubank, I noticed one of his legs very thin, as in some kinda congenital injury.

still the case?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
                    --- When he was hard at it for Eubank, I noticed one of his legs very thin, as in some kinda congenital injury.

still the case?
                    There's no recent training videos online

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ng&sp=CAI%253D

Comment

I'm hearing its Sakio Bika

Comment

Originally posted by selij View Post
                        I'm hearing its Sakio Bika
                        A has-been versus one of the ugliest fighters on the planet - what a ticket seller.

Comment

Nigel Benn has been refused a licence to box by the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) but the 55-year-old is still expected to return to the ring Nigel Benn has been refused a licence to box by the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) but the 55-year-old is still expected to return to the ring 23 years after his last professional fight.

Comment

--- Enter the always ready Boys of Luxembourg.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
                              --- Enter the always ready Boys of Luxembourg.

Comment

Working...
                              X