Kovalev vs Zurdo !

selij

Kovalev vs Zurdo

The former WBO super middleweight champion Gilberto Ramirez will become the mandatory of the winner of Kovalev vs Yarde.

As a WBO champion, once you move to a different weight division, it is a rule for you to become mandatory for the WBO champion in that division. This is something we have seen quite a few times this year when both Saunders and Usyk became a mandatory challenger in their division.

Source: Shane Willoughby

If he could step aside and let Canelo take him that would be great otherwise Ramirez probably beats Kovalev, I got Kov on his way out, the next top fighter he fights he's getting beaten, Anthony "12 amateur fights" Yarde nearly got him outta there, the next guy does, he's too old now and he's past it.

As for the mandatory rule, I think the champion changing weight class has the right to be mandatory but not sure if it's automatic in that they are mandatory even if they don't want to be as this wouldn't allow a fighter to have a few fights to get settled in at the weight class first if they wanted, before being thrown in with the number one. And normally once you're mandatory if you turn down the fight against the champ you ain't mandatory anymore

I don't see any possible way Ramirez can beat Sergey, short of punching him in the balls repeatedly and having the ref in his pocket.

(Hey, it worked before.)

Ramirez is massivley overhyped, and severely lacking in real skills. With one exception, his list of scalps is more embarrassing than Wilder's.

Edited by Cableaddict