Sturm vs Stieglitz set for 8 November

BoztheMadman

Re: Sturm vs Stieglitz set for 8 November

Must be a big fight in Germany?

Good match-up and is a close one to call.

Yeah, pretty big. I think Sturm can take this, Stieglitz looks all but washed up. Not that Adnan (Felix) is at his best either but he still got ten times the boxing iq that Stieglitz does. All he needs to do is stay off the big exchanges and box him. He also got a good chin, Sturm does.

Sturm is a much smarter fighter, he has more elements to his game. With that said, Stieglitz could outwork him and snatch a win. I definitely feel that Stieglitz is closer to his prime, but, at his best, Sturm is probably a level above him. I can't see weight impacting this either, FYI.

Good match-up for German boxing. I'm not sure who wins, but, if both show up ready, it might be a really good fight.

Sturm is a much smarter fighter, he has more elements to his game. With that said, Stieglitz could outwork him and snatch a win. I definitely feel that Stieglitz is closer to his prime, but, at his best, Sturm is probably a level above him. I can't see weight impacting this either, FYI.

Good match-up for German boxing. I'm not sure who wins, but, if both show up ready, it might be a really good fight.

Aye. I don't think the weight will be a significant factor, Sturm always looked strong for a middleweight and is the same height as Stieglitz also.

Aye. I don't think the weight will be a significant factor, Sturm always looked strong for a middleweight and is the same height as Stieglitz also.

Not at all. Sturm's problem was never being too big (or too small) for 160. His problem was all on him. He has some great nights dotted in his career along with some really atrocious performances. He needs to avoid being gun shy and dictate the fight. That is a much larger factor than the weight, at least to me.

Not at all. Sturm's problem was never being too big (or too small) for 160. His problem was all on him. He has some great nights dotted in his career along with some really atrocious performances. He needs to avoid being gun shy and dictate the fight. That is a much larger factor than the weight, at least to me.

Well, isn't that a bit too harsh a word to use? You can say he was boring, but atrocious? That sounds really really bad to me.

Well, isn't that a bit too harsh a word to use? You can say he was boring, but atrocious? That sounds really really bad to me.

Yes, he's had some really, really subpar performances. He's a world class fighter, but he's allowed himself to be outworked or outhustled against lessee foes. I like Sturm, and have been let down by him often.